Subject: quick question for civ cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a question on civilization cards
I know multiple people can buy the card you roll on, but what about others?
can multiple people buy that one and only the first person keeps it (like the rolling one)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If you're talking about the cards on the lower right of the board that cost 1, 2, 3 and 4 resources, whoever puts their worker on them gets the opportunity to buy them for the cost of the slot they're on. No one else has that chance unless you choose NOT to buy it after putting a worker on it (and you remove your worker) and then they claim it the next round. The only time any other player comes into play during your claiming a civ card is the ones where you roll # of players dice and everyone gets a reward based on the rolls.

I'm not sure if that helps since your question isn't very clear, but will be glad to write more if you clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
I had a question on civilization cards
I know multiple people can buy the card you roll on, but what about others?
can multiple people buy that one and only the first person keeps it (like the rolling one)?

Only one player can bid (place a meeple on) a face-up Civilization card--see the top of page 5 in the rules. If that player then chooses to pay the resources to buy it, then he/she claims it and it becomes part of his/her collection. If the player chooses not to buy the card (or does not have the right resources to do so) on his/her turn, then he/she simply reclaims the meeple and the card goes up for sale again during the next round.

Did I correctly understand your question?

EDITS: Thanks to Scott for bringing this up--if a player buys a card and the bonus is that you roll for resources, then the player that bought the card rolls the dice and takes first choice of one of the resources that are indicated by the dice roll. The next player in clockwise order then has second choice, and so on. See the bottom of page 6 under "Civilization Cards" in the main rule book, and the middle of page 1 under "Dice Roll (10 Cards)" on the "Civilization Cards" handout.

If the player that bid on the card chooses not to buy it (or can't), then you do not roll for resources. One must pay for all to play.

If that doesn't help, hit us again and we'll work on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Summertime is Christmas time
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one person can place their worker on each card, and then buy it (if they want to).

I guess you're referring to the cards where, when you buy them, you roll a dice for each player, and then everyone gets to pick one of those dice to receive the pictured resource etc (or a "Christmas present", as we call them), starting from the player who bought the card and going around the table in turn order.

?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the answers
I just wanted to make sure they weren't all like the "Christmas card" where everyone gets something
we were playing it right then
thanks all, great game so far
we've enjoyed it and the wife even wanted a 2 player game after the first one with the kids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Summertime is Christmas time
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the "non-Christmas" cards, only the person who buys it gets the immediate "gift".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
I just wanted to make sure they weren't all like the "Christmas card" where everyone gets something

On the separate rules sheet for "The civilization cards", there is a section that describes how to resolve the "Upper part".

The first symbol, "Items for dice (10 cards)", includes the instruction (my highlight),

The other players follow in clockwise order until all the dice are gone and all players have taken 1 item or added food production.

Instructions for each of the other symbols are very short and apply only to "the player". They never mention "other players".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.