Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Bross
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ask this in reference to the Obscuring Fog treachery card. I used the card Working a Hunch to discover a clue at my location wth the Obscuring Fog on it. Does the Fog now get discarded, per the card's Forced text, "After attached location is successfully investigated: Discard Obscuring Fog."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Bergwall
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. You need to take the investigate action or use a card ability with the investigate keyword for example "burglary".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

To successfully investigate you have to succeed at the investigate action, or as Brent said there are cards that specify investigate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you can discover clue in the place where it is not possible to investigate (locked door...)
Locked door shut down investigation and getting clues that way, but not other means of getting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also investigate actions that do not discover clues. And other types of actions that do discover clues.

Usually investigating will discover clues, but certain cards will let you draw cards/gain resources instead (or in addition to) or whatever. And some cards will gain you clues without having to investigate at all.

Investigating is pretty much whenever you test your intellect vs the location's shroud value. But Brent's definition above is more precise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.