Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the Melee resolved?

I'm in an email game, so there may be time to save a misplay of rules!

I just took my Fire Attack Roll and got a 7. This lead to an Infiltration Event. I took a Paratroop (pardon me, a Fallschirmjager) and low and behold he had infiltrated directly onto the hex into which I was firing.

The rule says: "O16.4.Melee At the end of any Order or die trigger that causes a hex to contain units belonging to both sides, a Melee ensues in that hex."

I feel confident, but not 100% that the melee takes place before the Fire Defense Roll. Further, since I have played an Ambush, should he win (OMG no!!!!) then at least he'll be broken when he rolls his Fire Defense Roll. And if he dies, no Fire Defense Roll will take place.

Do I have that all correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huffman123 wrote:
I feel confident, but not 100% that the melee takes place before the Fire Defense Roll.

Yes. When you complete resolving the Trigger (Infiltration Event) and before you do anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise What happened to the brave Fallschirmjager?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing Herb from Maine. Email is a totally different feel. Guderian007 and I play email/ftf games. Those are the weirdest. Slow at first, and then the 2nd half of the game is finished in 2 hours. We both own almost two sets of all the GMT stuff (I don't own Pacific, he hasn't bought all the C3I 'zines) .... and here we are playing in the same room over Vassal. LOL

but to answer the original question....I am awaiting his return email. I'll try to remember to post the results :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R M Chair General wrote:
surprise What happened to the brave Fallschirmjager?

My Russian squad defeated the Fallschirmjager in melee. However, my squad was eliminated in the ensuing fire. :-( A rather important melee result for me though, because if I can eliminate one more German unit they will be surrendering. 3 turns to go . We're playing a Random Generated Scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.