Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: bad_deals [+] [View All]
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"diaemmo" offered me a trade and I accepted. He had two positive feedbacks from what seemed like genuine BGG users.

Today he gave me some lame story about how the game was "destroyed" by the post office and returned to him. Now I notice that his user profile is gone.

Is it possible to delete your own user profile? If not, how is it done? I'd really like to have another look at that profile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb wrote:
Is it possible to delete your own user profile? If not, how is it done? I'd really like to have another look at that profile.

I can answer this much. Yes, it is possible to delete your own account. Click on "Account" under "My Geek" and scroll to the bottom.

Good luck trying to fix the situation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kuznick
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Send a message to Octavian about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hermsen
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is bad! I just sent the guy a mint condition "Rise of the Luftwaffe". This was my first trade on the Geek and now I'm turned off on online trading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll look into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've undeleted the guy's account until all trade issues are resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hermsen
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That account looks bogus; the diaemmo guy I traded with was a Ray Emmons in Maine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Hermsen wrote:
That account looks bogus; the diaemmo guy I traded with was a Ray Emmons in Maine.

Maybe he changed the account info? I sent the game to "Ray Emmons" as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three users claim to have made good trades with "diaemmo". Is there any way to figure out if these are alter egos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hermsen
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their profiles look legit, so I'm in no hurry to blame them or their reps as BGGers in good standing.

Dweeb:

If all this continues without both of us seeing a satisfactory resolution, how about asking the rest of the BGGers to show their support and condemnation of bad traders by sending postage-due snail mail to Ray (without return addresses so they have to got to him) with the message "You suck, Ray!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hermsen
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I ended up with a satisfactory resolution of things; I was able to get the USPS to intercept the game before delivery and am only out the cost of postage.

Dweeb, your timely post saved me from getting screwed lilke you did; I owe you, so if you ever are in Nebraska look me up and I'll buy you a cold one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm also out two games, it would appear.

At least one of the people making a positive feedback is someone I traded with a few months ago. If there is any "alter ego" stuff, he's working out of different states.

My guess is that these are legit folks who got lucky early on, so he could establish some positive trade profile, and then he made a bunch of trades at once and dropped out. (Yes, he approached me.)

Someone said "write to Octavian." What does that mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

Someone said "write to Octavian." What does that mean?

Octavian is one of the Administrators on BGG. Send him an email detailing your circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, if he requested that his account be deleted it is doubtful that you are going to get the games you are due, even if his account is reinstated. If he isn't willing to cooperate (and that is what my guess would be considering his actions) then the best we can do is try to make sure he doesn't do anything similar again in the future.

Sorry for the bad experience.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I am one of the people who traded with diaemmo. He sent the game he promised me.

To everyone having trade issues with him, I hope he is just on a business trip or something, and that he gets you all taken care of.

If he does turn out to be a scammer, then I am sorry that my trade helped him create a positive image.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all...I hate it when people don't treat other people right!

MadBrad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there is no doubt in mind that I have been fleeced; it makes me ponder the safest means by which to conduct any future trades. The experience leaves the proverbial "bad taste" in my mouth. shake goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Well, if this is what it appears to be, then what the guy did constitutes mail fraud. Can you not all make formal complaints to the USPS (or who do you make mail fraud claims to?)? While it is small fry, if all of you made complaints, is it possible that some action might be taken?

Robin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Yasulevicz
United States
cheyenne
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Raymond Emmons has two profiles, (remmons), or Raymond Emmons, and one as (diaemmo), bob toms, His name is raymond emmons under diaemmo profile. I made my first BGG trade with him. He got the new, less shrink game I promised, and I got two games that were of far worse condition than he said they were. I wish I would have seen this post before my trade. I traded June 5th. I didn't use the trade forum. Since I was new to the trade aspect I didn't realize I needed to go through it. I do now. What I do when trading is get the persons home email address and corespond through that once or twice so I know of one other place to contact the person. I think a phone number might be in order also. I would be willing to give mine if I was about to make a trade. If the person you're trading with doesn't want to give up personal information then I would rethink the trade. I'm sending this link to both remmons and diaemmo. At least he will know he is under scrutiny. If he isn't already removed from BGG he certainly needs to be. Thank you Bobby for giving me this link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron G
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Depending on how much information you have, it may be worth filing a complaint http://www.ic3.gov/

More information: http://www.cybercrime.gov/reporting.htm

Also, if you know they guy's address, you should then be able to find a way to get in touch with the local police department for that area. I know of quite a few people that were quite successful with both the ic3 site and contacting local police departments from when I used to buy and sell radio control car stuff and guitars.

If takes some effort on your part though. Someone's time may not be worth the game that was lost, but knowing you're messing with this guy's life by legal means is worth its weight in gold

Good luck to those that were ripped off - and don't give up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Yasulevicz
United States
cheyenne
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have Raymond Emmons address, I just found it in his email to me for shipping his game. Good thing the computer allows me to be a pack rat in many ways. If any one would like it, feel free to contact me. I feel I shouldn't post the address on a link, or I would just post it. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I did receive something, even though the games were totally misrepresented in condition. Raymond Emmons (diaemmo) or (remmons) bob toms, same person, should not be allowed to get away with what he has pulled. This guy has two profiles on BGG. Shouldn't something be dones about the fraud he has perpetrated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby T
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You're welcome. Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Yasulevicz
United States
cheyenne
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Raymond Emmons email address is diaemmo@yahoo.com I have been sending emails to this address, and they have not been returned by the Post master as undeliverable. This is probably still his email address. He used this address when scamming me. Of course I have not heard from him since our deal, but what can it hurt to send emails simply stating the facts. Can anyone tell me if in fact he has been removed from BGG, and has not created a new identity, since he already has two on BGG. What's preventing him from creating a third or fourth and doing the same thing to someone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I understand MadBrad's discretion, I see no reason to protect a thief and a liar.

The address I sent him games to was:

ray emmons
38 henderson st
pobox 87
brownville jct, Maine

If I make it up to that area, I will pay him a visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Meier
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb....

sorry to hear about this. Don't give up on all trading though.. this is the exception rather than the rule. There are many many good people on the BGG..

Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Yasulevicz
United States
cheyenne
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Kevin,
Good luck finding it. I've been searching Google for a zip code that matched the town and Street address and visa versa. I can't find one. This scammer planned his perpetration. I did find an UPS store within the zip 04415 but it didn't say what town it was located in. I also tried to find gamers within 5, and 10, miles of that zip and my screen just remained blank. What's with that? I discovered this guy had created two identities, so what prevents him from creating more? I never did get an answer to that little detail. He may still be a Geek just waiting for his next series of thefts. He did tell me he was sorry for misrepresenting the games. He claimed he had just got them in trade and didn't look at them. He also told me he was going to send me the game Champion to make it right. It wouldn't have, but I figured I'd take anything I could get from this guy. He never returned any email, and to this day doesn't. I'm sure he just laugh's every time he takes one of our games out to play. He's a real piece of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.