United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgame Babylon is proud to bring you another great Q&A session with a game industry icon. Recorded at Gamex 2007 over the Memorial Day weekend, this Question and Answer session features the convention's Special Guest, Rio Grande Games founder Jay Tummelson.

On the show, you'll hear Jay talk about how he got into this crazy business, his experience with Mayfair Games and bringing Settlers of Catan to the States, many fun stories about acquiring the English licenses to various games and, of course, a huge list of upcoming games - some of which are being revealed here for the first time. Thanks to the great folks at www.strategicon.net for bringing Jay out for Gamex.

You can find the show and my posts from Gamex on: www.boardgamebabylon.com

The RSS feed is: www.boardgamebabylon.libsyn.com/rss

Thanks for downloading and listening to Boardgame Babylon.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
Good session with Jay. For some reason the podcast was in mono. I had no sound on the left side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Austin
United States
Sierra Madre
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is really bizarre (the mono bit, not a good session with Jay). I'll see if I can figure out what went wrong.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
In spite of the fact that it was only in the right channel it was a great listen. Jay makes me want to start publishing games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really enjoying this podcast, Eric. We heard Jay some time ago on BoardgameSpeak, but there are some new stories in here.

-Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear people are still enjoying the show in mono.

Still can't figure out what went wrong with the recording. We did have an abortive attempt to use a wireless microphone but then everything was plugged in normally. Trying to think if I left it in with the splitter or not. Oh well - again, my apologies for the mix-up there.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for putting this together. It was very interesting.

I found his comments about online retailers discounting significantly very interesting. It sounded like he was talking about my own experience as a consumer.

I was hoping someone would ask about the development process behind St. Petersburg, which is something I just wonder about, but alas, it didn't happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Petaluma
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for recording this Eric! It was a very interesting podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike A wrote:
Thanks for putting this together. It was very interesting.

I found his comments about online retailers discounting significantly very interesting. It sounded like he was talking about my own experience as a consumer.

I was hoping someone would ask about the development process behind St. Petersburg, which is something I just wonder about, but alas, it didn't happen.

The St. Petersburg story wasn't on there? I guess he told me that story at another point over the weekend. I'll try to touch on it in the Gamex 2007 Wrap Up Show, which I expect to record shortly. I may also ask if Jay will come back to the mic at BGG.con, as we said we'd meet up again there.

Of course, I had to ask about the FLGS/FOGS situation. I'm not done with that subject yet.

Thanks for the nice note...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.