Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard a few people describe this game as a table hog. What are the dimensions of the main board? I know the player boards are also a factor.

My table is only 48x32 inches. Should that be enough?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Resch
Austria
St. Ulrich am Waasen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jimmy,

the board measures 57cm x 57cm, which should be around 22.5" for each side. The player boards have a height of about 5.5".

Enjoy the game,
Andreas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonzaga wrote:
Hey Jimmy,

the board measures 57cm x 57cm, which should be around 22.5" for each side. The player boards have a height of about 5.5".

Enjoy the game,
Andreas

That's not bad at all! Sounds like I'll have plenty of room to spare.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you've mixed it up with A Feast for Odin - which is actually a table hog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:

I was watching the Ant Lab Games review of Great Western Trail and that's where they kept bringing up what a "table eater" the game is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the thread title and dreaded that it was the first step towards people sleeving their game boards laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
EllenCaroline wrote:

I was watching the Ant Lab Games review of Great Western Trail and that's where they kept bringing up what a "table eater" the game is.

GWT does take up a lot of space. In addition to the large board, to the one side of the board you are supposed to lay out a column of bonus cards; to the bottom of the board you need a cattle supply display. You need room for a coin supply, and chit supply (though chit supply could conceivably be off-table). Then each player has to have room for their player mats, 10 building tiles, draw deck, discard pile, bonus card display, collection of bonus and hazard chits. Altogether it is a table hog.

In our experience, you either get everyone to sit on one side of the board and have players closest to it move the cowboys and trains, or you seat two ends of player far away from each other and have to have people pass cattle cards and bonus cards, not to mention having to stand up and walk over in order to see what other people are doing. !

I prefer this at 2-3p, and just sit every at the same end. Seems to work best for us as long as the guy at the end has good eyesight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a standard 6' folding table and everything fits just fine. With room for beverages on coasters.

I have put the 1,2,3 tiles in bags for ease of use which does save on clutter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.