Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy 15-Player Ruleset

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'wolf' or 'not wolf.' The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not wolf.' Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. The hunter will be revealed as a villager on death.

9 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

3 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0.

Sorcerer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'seer' or 'not seer.' The sorcerer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not seer.' Thereafter, the sorcerer chooses which player to view. The sorcerer wins if the wolves win, but does not count as a werewolf for parity purposes (see below).

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf. The sorcerer does not have to be eliminated in order for Good to win.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining (including the sorcerer), evil wins. Howver, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins. The sorcerer counts as a 'non-wolf' for these purposes.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held vote is killed.

Lynch time is 6:00pm BGG time. Votes cast with this time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be
posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will
speed up the dusk.

The player's role will be revealed upon lynch.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Sorcerer, and Priest must all submit their night orders by 8:00pm BGG time. They do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

The wolves' night kill choice is revealed with the DAWN post. The players' role will also be revealed.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the
'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Do not post the content of your Mod Chat room to the game thread. You may summarize, but direct copying is not allowed. Consider that like showing your card to the group in a face-to-face game

Please limit posts made after you have been killed, since there is no
moderator on duty to police such things, it would be better to refrain

Notice:
The Automod system is in Beta Testing. There may be unexpected or strange errors or results or things may change from game to game, so make sure you always read the rules. Please direct any concerns, questions, or improvment suggestions to Melsana or Jmilum.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held vote
Lynch time: 6:00pm
Night Action Deadline: 8:00pm
Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

This game will start when full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
BagpipeDan
Ctalbot
kuchick
NeilS
Pbwedz
Xandryyte

6 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1694...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it will take forever for this to fill up, there are already 2 other 15 players wanting to start. a 9 or 5 would probably find players much faster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
Okay... I've got ideas on how to implement most of the request for you guys have made.

But in order to code them all in I will have to do some serious work on the base code.

So I have suspended all new Auto-mod games. Any that are currently in Sign-up will not be started even if they reach capacity until after I have made all the changes I plan to make.

Any game currently "In Progress" will be allowed to finish before I start making changes to the base code.

Sorry for any inconvienence in the mean time, but I hope to make a better Auto-mod code with this.

I will try to make the upgrade time as short as possible.

Plus Melsana posted the above in all AutoMod games... I bolded the important part...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
Plus Melsana posted the above in all AutoMod games... I bolded the important part...

she works fast, i'd wager that she finishes before this gets full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
xandryyte wrote:

KM wants to start to play within a couple of days... Melsana is waiting until the current Mod games end before working on the code...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
jmilum wrote:
xandryyte wrote:

KM wants to start to play within a couple of days... Melsana is waiting until the current Mod games end before working on the code...

there is only 1 automod going on currently: a 5 player. that will end soon. my mistake, there is also that passive priest one

but as i said, i am certain that she will finish the code before this 15 player fills up. the other 2 have been out there for days and are still not full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I don't doubt that part... But from KM's "Who Want's Me?" thread:
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
My body or me as a werewolf player. Either works. Must begin shortly, like... a day or two at most.

First person gets me.

Given the Priest test game just started, by the time Melsana gets to working on the code it will be outside of KM's timeframe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
Ok, I don't doubt that part... But from KM's "Who Want's Me?" thread:
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
My body or me as a werewolf player. Either works. Must begin shortly, like... a day or two at most.

First person gets me.

Given the Priest test game just started, by the time Melsana gets to working on the code it will be outside of KM's timeframe...

Actually I'm working on the code already, I just can't move it from dev_filename to filename until the games are finished as I don't want to screw them up.

But the needed changes to the current templates will have to wait until the games are finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I've run one test game and gotten all the big bugs out of the changed code. So I'm now reactivating the code so that all games will work. If you notice any bugs I have yet to catch please let me know ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just adjusted the Automod code so that it will not run tomorrow ( July 4) at all. (Vote totals will still post). If you have a deadline that says it is for the 4th just change that to the 5th. If an automod game fills up on July 4th it will not start until July 5 at Midnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talbot
Canada
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
Be seeing you... -Alphonse
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in forever, so count me in.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooooh! Now I gotta play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talbot
Canada
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:

Why? 'Cause of me?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctalbot wrote:
xandryyte wrote:

Why? 'Cause of me?

Chris

Was that not obvious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talbot
Canada
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
Was that not obvious?

Should I curse you now for an early lynching?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctalbot wrote:
xandryyte wrote:
Was that not obvious?

Should I curse you now for an early lynching?

Chris

Awwwwww... Don't be that way... plenty of stuff could happen... We could be wolves together... I could be the seer or we could both be just villagers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I missed y'all so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
I missed y'all so much

We have missed you so much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
BagpipeDan wrote:
I missed y'all so much

We have missed you so much!!

Hopefully I will never have another semester like my last oneyuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just made a change to the Automod code that should help it surive BGG outages. Hopefully the changes don't have any unforseen consequences. If there are problems with [dawn] or [dusk] posts please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently there were some issues with some of the Automod games Friday and over the weekend. I'm looking into them now. If this game was one of them I'll let you know when I think I got things straightened out, if it is not one of them, then just continue as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to update the automod code to require player verification once a week and to delete the game if there are no players or it has been a while since there has been interest in the game.

Unfortunatly I had an error in the code that caused this game to be deleted from the Cassy system.

If you guys are still interested in playing this rule set, please go re-create this.

I'm sorry but I did find the error so it shouldn't happen again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.