BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Star Trek themed Power Grid board game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Frocket

California
msg tools
mb
I was thinking how cool it would be to have a Star Trek themed Power Grid board game. Unfortunately I got stumped. Anybody have any great ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, but didn't Star Trek have replicators? Couldn't they just print or otherwise materialize materials they needed on mass? Except maybe whatever powered the replicators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thought is that instead of cities, you have planets in an newly explored area of space.

The player markers then become "colonies" on these new planets. The power plants then become "transport ships" that run trade routes between the plaer's colonies to make "money" to further develop influence in the region.

The resources could then be reimagined to power the shuttles. Not sure what other than dilithium, but you could make stuff up I guess.

Once someone has built the required number of colonies,the person who has the most active trade route system wins by being considered to have the most influence in the region.

It's a stretch though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:

The resources could then be reimagined to power the shuttles. Not sure what other than dilithium, but you could make stuff up I guess.

Gold pressed latinum!

I like the theme of trying to restoring power to your ship, *insert random Scotty quote here*. But my idea has some Castles of Burgundy elements, such as individual player boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
It's a stretch though.

Um. You obviously don't play many "themed" Euros. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shake Obviously, you have naught ever played them earlier "Star Trek"-based "Battles" with their 'Ship Status Display' chart, in which you allocate 'resources' upon varying portions within the Ships under your Command. Did you want "replicator allocation" unto some 'steaming mug of hot chocolate' because that isn't 'relevant' within the GAME at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.