Philippe Van Langenhove
msg tools
Hi

I recently purchased some sw lcg boxes off ebay after a friend introduced me to the game.

I've been messing around with the solo variant (which, btw, kudos JK777!) and while it is undoubtedly fun, I do find myself winning a little too easily most of the time. It would be tempting to assume that this is because I am an incredible tactician, but I'm pretty sure this is not the case

(I do realize that there are some "make it harder" rules included in the solo variant and I definitely will start experimenting with those. I also realize that there is a fair chance I am overlooking something in the rules that is making it too easy for me, Ill certainly be rereading the rules a couple more times)

However considering that the AI player follows different rules than a regular human player I was wondering if there are any deck lists that cater specifically to the AI players strengths and minimize it's weaknesses.

Since I am very new to the game I do not feel like I have the needed insight yet so I was hoping the more veteran community might have some ideas on this topic

I am currently limited to 2xCore 2xEod Hoth 1 2 3 5 6 and Echoes 1 2 3 4 5. However, considering that I am not the only person playing solo and that this might be useful for others I don't necessarily feel like we should restrict ourselves to this list.

I would appreciate any input, be it full deck lists, single objective set recommendations or just discussion on what the advantages and weaknesses of the AI player are and what to look for in cards to suit that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to this fantastic game! I don't have any experience with the solo game. BGG doesn't have the biggest presence for this game but you can post at:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/forum/23-sw-lcg-...

Awesome community there around this game!

Good luck and happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Van Langenhove
msg tools
Thanks for the advise. I made a post there as well but apparently it has to be ok'd by mods first so we will see

In the meanwhile, should it interest anyone, my best AI deck (so the AI deck that causes me the most trouble) tries to take advantage of the way the AI player generates resources (always full resource from double resource cards and with carry over to next turns) to get big things into play fast and often.

The current decklist is:
dark time for the rebellion
2*death and despayre
2*imperial command
2*lord vaders command
Imperial blockade
2*deploy the fleet

It also has quite a few 3+ pip cards to win edge battles and take the force with (taking advantage of the AI player only force phase rules that allow units to count with focus tokens on them)

Ive been up against a death squad star destroyer on turn 1 plus 2 small guys followed by devastator on turn 2. My rebel/scum deck was never able to retake the force and lost objectives like crazy. It did not end well for me (so hooray!)

In other games the AI deck lost badly though it really depends on how fast it gets at least 1 big guy on the table.

Still, its a start!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Demento
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Imperial Entanglements will give the Navy deck a big boost. Also the upcoming Technological Terror seems to be made for the solo variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.