Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a follow-up to the following thread:

He is no good to me dead. - SWIA030

after the original moderator smhalcyon became too busy to continue.

This is a Core box campaign with everything up to Wave 5 included.

Players should subscribe to this thread.

Players:
ken dunn (kendunn)

Jeremy Reed (Jeremy R)

Original: Xi (bravefencer) / Now: Reepicheep Catsbane (nikokcg)

Jack Liu (frotes)

Active Side Missions:
-

Agenda Deck:
Droid Uprising, For the Right Price, Imperial Industry, Natural Warfare, Nefarious Dealings, Retaliation

Campaign Status:

(Note: Links up to "Captured" lead to the previous thread.)

Aftermath
Armed and Operational
Under Siege
Friends of Old
Imperial Hospitality
Luxury Cruise
Communication Breakdown
Incoming
╘ Forced: Captured
Imperial Entanglements
The Source
Last Stand

(2mb)
(2mb)
(3mb)
(3mb)
(4mb)
(4mb)
(4mb)
(5mb)
(5mb)
(5mb)
(6mb)
(6mb)

(Tier I)
(Tier I)
(Tier I)
(Tier I + II)
(Tier II)
(Tier II)
(Tier II + III)
-
(Tier III)
(Tier III)
(Tier III)
-

mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
mb Victory
TBD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Useful Resources
Star Wars: Imperial Assault » Forums » Play By Forum

Star Wars: Imperial Assault Play By Forum Banners - a nice way to tag your turns.
PBF Dice Roller - how to roll dice.
Rebel Character Cards Reference
Imperial Deployment Cards Reference
Random Supply Deck - I will use this for crates.
What are some crazy or common rule-breaking mistakes your group made whilst learning the game?
Imperial Assault Calculator

Dice Rolls
See PBF Dice Roller for intro. You can try it out using the Preview option. It will be a little different when posted, use the Testing forum if you want to see the final result.

Quick Summary: Red is damage die, Blue is accuracy die, Green is balanced die, Yellow is surge die.

The geekroller (the Roll button on the editor) can roll 3 different custom dice. You can roll doubles with one custom dice string by prepending 2 instead of 1.

You generally also roll the defense die/dice for attacks. If there is just defense die, you often can fit it into the same roll with the attack dice. Also remember to comment the roll, preferably with the target and distance, and do not edit the post with the roll unless you really need to.

mb - [microbadge=296]
mb - [microbadge=9204]
mb - [microbadge=32926]

mb - [microbadge=33754]

mb - [microbadge=32913]
- [imageid=2477003 original inline]
- [imageid=2477036 original inline]
- [imageid=2477040 original inline]
mb - [microbadge=33753]
- [imageid=2503568 original inline]
- [imageid=2625358 original inline]

Line of Sight Examples

Conditions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Supply Deck

Full Deck:

1custom18{iid:2451070;iid:2451071;iid:2451072;iid:2451073;iid:2451074;iid:2451075;iid:2451076;iid:2451077;
iid:2451078;iid:2451079;iid:2451080;iid:2451081;iid:2623850;iid:2623851;iid:2821699;iid:2821700;iid:2821701;iid:2821702}

Current Deck

Top:

None

Deck:

1custom18{iid:2451070;iid:2451071;iid:2451072;iid:2451073;iid:2451074;iid:2451075;iid:2451076;iid:2451077;
iid:2451078;iid:2451079;iid:2451080;iid:2451081;iid:2623850;iid:2623851;iid:2821699;iid:2821700;iid:2821701;iid:2821702}

Bottom:

None

Used:

None
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player Area

Allies: Rebel Saboteurs (3mb), Rebel Troopers (2mb), & Leia (6mb)

XP total: 13
Unspent XP: Fenn 0, Gideon 0, Loku 0, Verena 0
Unspent Credits: 0

FENN:
Health: 12, Endurance: 4, Speed: 4, Defense: Blk
Strength: BG, Insight: BG, Tech: BG
Havoc Shot: 1
: Use while attacking with a ranged weapon. This attack gains Blast 1 mb.
Lone Wolf: At the end of your activation, if there are no friendly figures adjacent to you, recover 1
Tactical Movement: Exhaust this card at the start of your activation. Choose yourself or a friendly figure within 3 spaces. That figure gains 2 movement points.
Take Cover: 1
: Exhaust this card when an attack targeting you is declared. Add 1 white die to your defense pool.
Adrenaline Rush: Exhaust this card after an attack targeting you is resolved. If you suffered 1 or more mb, test Strength. If you pass, recover 3
Weapon Expert: 1
: Use while attacking to gain Pierce 1 and apply +2 Accuracy to the attack results.
Trench Fighter: Exhaust this card when you declare an attack targeting a figure within 3 spaces. Apply +2 mb to the attack results.
Rebel Elite: Apply +3 Health and +1 Endurance to your hero. / When you use "Havoc Shot," it applies Blast 2 mb instead of Blast 1 mb.
Quickdraw Holster: Accessory / 1
: Deplete this card when an attack targeting you is declared. Interrupt to perform an attack targeting the attacker.
EE-3 Carbine: Blaster - Rifle Green Green, +2 Accuracy,
: +2 mb,
: Pierce 1. 550 Cr
Tactical Display: Ranged Sights, exhaust while attacking to apply +1
to the attack results, 300 Cr
Spread Barrel: Ranged Barrel, exhaust while attacking a target within 3 spaces to apply +1 mb to the attack results, 300 Cr

GIDEON:
Health: 10, Endurance: 5, Speed: 4, Defense: Blk
Strength: BG, Insight: BGY, Tech: BG
Command:
, 2
: Choose another friendly figure within 3 spaces. That figure may interrupt to either perform 1 move or 1 attack.
Disabling Shot: While attacking with a ranged weapon, you gain:
: Stun
Called Shot: Exhaust this card while you or a friendly figure is attacking. If the target is in your line of sight, apply +1
to the attack results.
Military Efficiency: Exhaust this card while attacking to convert 1 mb result to 1
result. / Exhaust this card while defending to convert 1
result to 1
result.
Air of Command: Apply +2 Health to your hero. / When you use "Command,"you may choose any friendly figure in your line of sight.
Mobile Tactician: After you resolve "Command," gain 2 movement points.
Rallying Shout: Exhaust this card during your activation to choose another hero in your line of sight. That hero recovers 2 n.
Masterstroke: Exhaust this card after you resolve "Command." You may perform an additional "Command" without using an action or suffering the
cost.
Fearless Leader: When you deploy a Rebel Trooper, reduce the deployment cost by 2. / After you resolve a "Command" the chosen friendly figure recovers 1
Allied Operations: When you deploy an ally, reduce its deployment cost by 2.
DL-44: Pistol, Ranged Blue Yellow,
:+2 mb,
:+1mb +2 accuracy, 2 slots, 500 Cr
Laminate Armor: +3 Health / Exhaust while defending to apply +1
to the defense results., 700 Cr
Cybernetic Arm: Medical - Enhancement, -2 Health +1 Endurance / Once assigned to a hero this item cannot be sold or traded. You must bring this item to each mission, 350 Cr

LOKU:
Health: 10, Endurance: 5, Speed: 5, Defense: W
Strength: B, Insight: BGY, Tech: B
Set Your Sights: 2
: Use at the start or end of your activation to place 1 recon token on a hostile figure in your line of sight. / While you or a friendly figure is attacking a figure with a recon token, apply +1 mb to the attack results.
Clear-Minded: While attacking, apply +2 Accuracy to the attack results.
Combat Spotter: While performing "Set Your Sights," you may ignore figures when determining line of sight. / Friendly figures may ignore figures when determining line of sight to a figure with a recon token.
Scouting Report: 1
: Exhaust this card at the start or end of your activation place a recon token on a crate. A hero can interact with that crate during his activation without using an action.
Overwatch:
: Place a recon token on this card. / When a hostile figure declares a move or attack, you may discard a recon token from this card to interrupt to perform an attack targeting that figure. Apply +1
to the attack results.
Spectrum Scanner: Accessory Sights / Exhaust this card when a figure with a recon token is defeated to place 1 recon token on another figure in the same group.
Study of Enemies: Apply +2 Health to your hero. / Your attacks gain:
: Exhaust this card to place a recon token on a hostile figure within 2 spaces of the target.
Mon Cala Special Forces: +1 evade / +1 Accuracy / Exhaust this card when a hostile figure with a recon token is defeated to recover 2
or become Focused.
DXR-6: Rifle, Ranged Red Red, +6 accuracy,
:+2 mb,
: Pierce2, no slot, 1000 Cr

VERENA:
Health: 12, Endurance: 5, Speed: 4, Defense: Blk
Strength: BG, Insight: BG, Tech: BG
Close Quarters: 2
: Use when an adjacent hostile figure is defeated to interrupt to perform an attack using that figure's attack type and attack pool. The attack gains:
: +2 Accuracy, +1 mb
Duck and Weave: While defending, if you are adjacent to a hostile figure other than the attacker, apply +1 evade to the defense results.
Combat Momentum: 1
: Use when an adjacent hostile figure is defeated to gain 2 movement points. / When you use "Close Quarters", you can move up to 1 space before performing the attack.
K'tara Maneuver:
: Move up to 2 spaces to a space containing a small hostile figure and push that figure 1 space. Then perform an attack with a ranged weapon.
Student of Battle: When you perform an attack using "Close Quarters", the attack gains:
: Pierce 2,
: Recover 2 mb,
: +5 Accuracy
Combat Mastery:
, 1
: Perform 2 attacks, 1 with a melee weapon and 1 with a ranged weapon. Each attack must have a different target.
Master Operative: Apply +1 Endurance to your hero. / Exhaust this card when you declare an attack using "Close Quarters" to become Focused.
434 "Deathhammer": Pistol, Ranged Blue Red, +1 mb,
:+2 accuracy,
:+1 mb, 1 slot, 600 Cr
Disruption Cell: Ranged Mod Energy, +2 Accuracy, when you declare an attack, replace 1 die in your attack pool with a red die, 600 Cr
Force Pike: Staff, Melee RYY, Reach,
:+1 mb,
:+1 mb,
:Stun, 1 slot, 1100 Cr
High-Impact Guard: Melee Impact, exhaust while defending to apply +1
to the defense results. /
:+2 mb, 500 Cr

Imperial Area

Class Cards: Technological Superiority
XP total: 12
Unspent XP: 0
Unspent Influence: 1

Experimental Arms: Attachment / While attacking, you may apply +1
to the attack results. Then, after the attack is resolved, you suffer 1 mb.
Jetpacks: Attachment, Trooper only / You gain "Mobile."
Technical Support: Apply +1 Speed to each Imperial Droid. Each of those figures also gains: a: Choose an adjacent friendly figure. That figure may discard all conditions, become Focused, or recover 3 mb.
Arc Blasters: Attachment / After resolving a r attack, each figure that suffered 1 or more mb tests Strength. Each figure that fails is Stunned. / If you have the ranged attack type, you gain:
: +1 mb, Blast 1 mb.
Cloaking Device: Attachment, Trooper or Droid only / Add 1 white die to your defense pool.
Superior Augments: If a group has 1 or more attachments, apply +1 Speed to each figure in that group. / While a figure in a group with 1 or more attachments is attacking, it applies +1 mb to the attack results.
Restorative Supplies: Place this card in your play area. Deplete this card at the end of a round during any mission. Choose 1 Imperial figure and roll 2 red dice. That figure recovers mb equal to the mb results.
High-Value Target: Place this card in your play area. Deplete this card when a hero is defeated. Increase threat by the threat level.
Weakness Revealed: Place this card in your play area. At the start of a round during any mission, you may choose 1 hero. While attacking, that hero applies -1 mb to the attack results. While defending, that hero applies -1 block to the defense results. Deplete this card at the end of that round.

Secret Cards: 2
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hired Help, Tactical Explosives
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captured

MISSION BRIEFING

You've been working for days on how to open your cell, but all of your equipment, except one well-hidden comlink, is gone.

You think it pretty hopeless until the facility shudders and the comlink crackles. "In ten seconds," a voice comes through, "the door to your cell is going to open. Your equipment is being held just down the hall. Run there... now!"

♦ Flip all heroes' Item cards facedown. They cannot use facedown cards. The neutral mission token represents the equipment cache. A hero can interact with the equipment cache to flip his items faceup.

♦ When a hero withdraws, he is incapacitated instead. When activating, he receives only 1 action and can only use that action to perform a move.

♦ A hero without a weapon can attack an adjacent hostile figure with 1 green and 1 yellow die. Before this attack, the hero tests Strength. If he passes, the attack gains
: +2mb.

♦ The doors in the Storage Room and Hallway are locked. A door adjacent to an Imperial figure does not block his movement or line of sight.

♦ The mission will progress when all heroes flip their items faceup (mb). The mission ends when all heroes are wounded.

Initial Groups: Imperial Officer, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper.
- Stormtroopers are deployed with Jetpacks and Arc Blasters.
- Stormtroopers are deployed with Experimental Arms and Cloaking Device.

Reserved Groups: none

Open Groups: 1 mb, 2 mb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Probe Droid, Elite Hired Guns, HK Assassin Droids

Special Setup: Heroes cannot bring allies.

Notes:
* Since Gideon's Cybernetic Arm and Laminate Armor are not available, his values for Health and Endurance have changed.
* Contrary to what the flavor text suggests, the door to your cell is merely unlocked, not opened (removed). You will need an Interact action to open it.
* I will denote special rooms/tiles like this (with colored frames) in the first board image only.

Up next: Determine starting positions
Then: Fenn, Leia, Loku, or Verena
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone. Busy next few days so I'll take a look at things later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
* Since Gideon's Cybernetic Arm and Laminate Armor are not available, his values for Health and Endurance have changed.

Trying to figure out how they could take Gideon's arm away... Well, that is, in such a way as to not result in lost health and in a way that would allow it to be re-equipped in one action, lol.

Good luck in the campaign all!

(Sorry for the interruption. Just found it thematically hilarious. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh hey, just noticed in your other thread that you might be looking for another player. If you need a replacement, I'd be happy to fill in. I'm fairly experienced with IA and have played a number of F2F campaigns (Imperial: 2 core, 1.5 TS; Rebel: 1 core, 1.75 Bespin, 1 Hoth).

I could check in ~4-5 times per day (morning, lunch, mid-day break, and evening after the kids go to bed) most days. I'm in an American timezone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nikokcg wrote:
Trying to figure out how they could take Gideon's arm away...

My guess is they didn't quite keep this mission in mind when designing the item. One would also guess why equipping a Cybernetic arm results in a permanent -2 Health -- the movie characters seem to manage fine, once the arm has been installed.

nikokcg wrote:
If you need a replacement, I'd be happy to fill in.

Great! If nobody else sees a problem, and I don't suspect they will, you're welcome to join.

@Jack: No worries about your absence. I suspect play will slow down quite a lot until the new year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
nikokcg wrote:
Trying to figure out how they could take Gideon's arm away...

My guess is they didn't quite keep this mission in mind when designing the item. One would also guess why equipping a Cybernetic arm results in a permanent -2 Health -- the movie characters seem to manage fine, once the arm has been installed.

nikokcg wrote:
If you need a replacement, I'd be happy to fill in.

Great! If nobody else sees a problem, and I don't suspect they will, you're welcome to join.

@Jack: No worries about your absence. I suspect play will slow down quite a lot until the new year.

Awesome! I'll wait for the others to chime in before I start strategizing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nikokcg wrote:
Awesome! I'll wait for the others to chime in before I start strategizing.

Or, if you're ok with it, I'll start now to get things moving. If the group does not want me to join up, kindly do not look at the spoiler to avoid an unfair influence to the game (though it remains to be seen whether it is a positive or negative influence for the rebels, lol).

Also, is this a spoiler friendly campaign like some of the others I've read? I.e. If we have a strategy we want to discuss in secret, can we use the spoiler tag to hide it from the imperial? I'm perfectly fine either way (and wouldn't expect you to change even if I wasn't). I'm just trying to get a feel for the battle field.

My thougts on our starting positions:

Option 1 - Move out
Our group has some pretty advanced gear at the moment, so my recommendation would be to go for the weapons cache as quickly as possible, and then work on clearing out the threat. There is no time limit on this mission, and the imperial player has no reserve groups. This basically means that we have as long as we need, provided that we can keep the threat under control. IMO, the best way to do that is to get our weapons as quickly as possible so we're not wasting actions on weak attacks. My thoughts for starting positions are

Gideon - O7
Verena - P8
Fishface (er.. Loku) - O8
Fenn - P7

Our first move would be to have Gideon go first and open the door. He could then order Loku to K3 and Fenn to M4. Gideon then gains 4 MP and strains twice to move to I2, right on top of the weapons cache.

This option has the following benefits:
1. It gets 3 heroes up toward the weapons cache quickly.
2. It spreads the group up to avoid blast from arc blasters and multiple stuns.
3. We only eat 1 attack (and maybe 1 long range attack) from the red storm troopers, unless he orders one to move.
4. Gideon will only be in guaranteed range of 3 attacks this round. That is not enough to wound him. With 22 threat on the board and no time limit on our end, we really don't want to lose a hero in round 1.
5. This gives us the maximum flexibility to respond to whatever Alain decides to do. Loku and/or Fenn (depending on stun) would be able to pick up their weapons and get one shot off this round.
6. We get maximum use out of command this round. No one is stunned, so we will get the equivalent of 3 move actions from two strain. If we activate Gideon late, it is less likely that he will have valid targets to command.

The downside to this option:
1. We take 3 attacks from arc blasters-- most likely directed at Loku first who has the worst strength test of all of us.
2. No one recovers strain from Gideon's orders.

Option 2 - Kill the arc blasters
For this option, we would want to focus on taking out as many regular stormtroopers as possible on our first activation to avoid getting stunned by arc blasters.

Same starting positions as option 1. Gideon still goes first and opens the door. He then commands Verena to move to M4 and commands an attack on the Stormtrooper in N5. If she passes her attribute test (67%), her attack has a 41% chance to kill. She then close quarters the stormtrooper, uses combat momentum to move to L3 and fires at the stormtrooper in L2 with focus from Master Operative. 92% chance for the kill. She could then CQ that stormtrooper, move to K2 with combat momentum and fire at the regular officer. 36% chance for the kill. (Not good, but why not try?) Then Gideon moves to I2 by taking two strain.

Benefits:
1. We have a chance at taking out two arc blaster attacks and maybe a regular officer before they have a chance to activate.
2. Same benefits as above for Gideon's positioning.
3. Two heroes are spread out to avoid the remaining arc blaster attack.
4. Verena is free next round to pick up her gear and go wampa on anything that is still alive in the northern tundrahallway.

Drawbacks:
1. Everything from this hinges on a 67% attribute test (for the surge +2 damage) and a 41% chance to kill that first stormtrooper.
2. If we fail to kill the trooper, we take 3 arc blaster attacks on Fenn and Loku, likely stunning both of them. Additionally, we may eat more than 1 attack from the red stormtroopers.

Personally, I am in favor of option #1 as it provides a solid benefit without relying on a risky 41% dice roll. What are other people's thoughts?

Oh, and hi all! Call me Niko.

Edit: Removed spoiler tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other thoughts:

I forgot that Gideon has called shot for option 2. If Verena passes her attribute test, the chance of the initial kill goes up to a slightly more palatable 55%. I am still of the opinion that this is a large risk to base our entire initial strategy on, but it does come with a high reward.

Option 3
Fenn starts in O7 and activates first. He uses tactical movement to push someone out of blast range, and then takes 1 strain to move to N6. He then attacks the stormtrooper in N5 using trench fighter. 94% chance for the kill if he passes the attribute test, 55% without the attribute test.

Less reward, but also less risk.

Edit: Removed spoiler tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Reed
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, welcome to the last stretch of the campaign! I'm glad to find someone to replace Xi, and I'm sure no one else would have a problem with it. And quite the contribution you just made for your first mission!

nikokcg wrote:
Also, is this a spoiler friendly campaign like some of the others I've read? I.e. If we have a strategy we want to discuss in secret, can we use the spoiler tag to hide it from the imperial? I'm perfectly fine either way (and wouldn't expect you to change even if I wasn't). I'm just trying to get a feel for the battle field.

Our last Imperial player preferred the majority of information to be open, and I'm in agreement with that rule as it more accurately emulates the tabletop experience. And generally the Imperial player has thought of whatever we're discussing amongst ourselves if he's good, and Alain seems to be quite capable. So spoiling something he already knows seems frivolous.

Out of the options you listed I like 1 the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to keep this campaign relatively spoiler-free, so to speak. Much like Jeremy wrote above: I don't mind if the occasional spoiler tag sneaks in, but I wouldn't like pages and pages of them.

Personally, I don't like this way of playing, even as a rebel. After all, if we were to play a F2F game, we wouldn't ask the IP to leave the room every turn.

I've had occasions in a F2F game where I had to be vague in my rebel strategizing lest the IP pick up on what I was planning. And I kinda like that.

So please keep it to a minimum, and fair warning: if I see a spoiler the size of Niko's above, I'm gonna shamelessly read it (note that in this particular case I'm not blaming you, since you didn't want to overly influence the game in case you weren't accepted.)

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Niko!

Great opening thoughts there. Personally I am not a fan of spoiler talk outside of 1-2 line every once and awhile to just get a thought out there due to time constraints. Also I'm on mobile a lot and it just makes things overall hard to read. I prefer to keep it as close to table top experience as possible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I favor Verena going first and trying to double fist to get a CQ and kill 2 ST. Position so that Gideon can give her Called Shot. I don't want to just risk 1 attack and failing rolls

There is a chance for the lone Arc to blast the remaining 3 but that's about the same chance as Gideon moving us and we have 3 ST firing

Otherwise Gideon commanding 2 to move out with himself is ok but I prefer to kill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks, will be checking in every once and awhile but will need others to help take my turn sometimes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
I'd really like to keep this campaign relatively spoiler-free, so to speak. Much like Jeremy wrote above: I don't mind if the occasional spoiler tag sneaks in, but I wouldn't like pages and pages of them.

Personally, I don't like this way of playing, even as a rebel. After all, if we were to play a F2F game, we wouldn't ask the IP to leave the room every turn.

I've had occasions in a F2F game where I had to be vague in my rebel strategizing lest the IP pick up on what I was planning. And I kinda like that.

So please keep it to a minimum, and fair warning: if I see a spoiler the size of Niko's above, I'm gonna shamelessly read it (note that in this particular case I'm not blaming you, since you didn't want to overly influence the game in case you weren't accepted.)

Thank you.

Understood. I would actually prefer it this way, but I wanted to know what the "norm" was for this group. I'll take the spoilers off the posts above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm really excited to join up. This will be my first ever PBF.

frotes wrote:
I favor Verena going first and trying to double fist to get a CQ and kill 2 ST. Position so that Gideon can give her Called Shot. I don't want to just risk 1 attack and failing rolls

There is a chance for the lone Arc to blast the remaining 3 but that's about the same chance as Gideon moving us and we have 3 ST firing

Otherwise Gideon commanding 2 to move out with himself is ok but I prefer to kill

This would be my preferred option as well, but unfortunately, the door to our cell is closed. (Thematically, I think we're in the antechamber to our cell. The cell door opened, we ran out and are just about to open this other door, which is unlocked.) Since the door is closed, whomever activates first will have to spend an action to open the door. That means Verena would only get one action to try to kill the stormtrooper (55% chance with called shot). 55% seems like an awful risk to take on our opening strategy. If we fail, 3 heroes get hit by 3 arc blaster attacks. This is why, in my opinion, it is better for Gideon to activate first for option #2. Verena still gets an attack in, but we only have two heroes grouped for arc blasters.

I still prefer option #1. There is a 51% chance that Loku will get stunned for each attack the stormtroopers throw at him. The other heroes only have a 29% chance of being stunned. If I'm doing my Math correctly, Loku should get stunned, but we have a 50/50 chance of him being the only one that gets stunned.

Ah, but that is without rerolls. The odds of stun go up slightly with rerolls, but not a ton since the stun requires a failed attribute test and no dodge. I think option 1 nets low overall incoming damage this turn and 1 hero stunned (on average). I think option 2 nets 2 heroes stunned (if we fail the attack roll) and a high damage output from the reds. He can also body-block if we fail the roll, which could net an extra move action from some heroes. There is a decent chance that one of our heroes has to either double rest or get wounded next round. We also will be at a disadvantage next round to deal with the reds that will doubtless move up from the south to swarm us.

In summary, option 1 gives us less damage, less stuns (on average) and more flexibility to respond to his threat/movements next round. As much as I cringe to see 3 arc blaster attacks coming at us (I've seen what they can do in a F2F campaign), I think we just need to eat those attacks to set ourselves up for the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Reed
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still for option 1!

Ken, what do you think? If option 1 is your inclination that makes three of us and I think you can just go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy R wrote:
Ken, what do you think? If option 1 is your inclination that makes three of us and I think you can just go for it.

If you do, please confirm starting positions as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken dunn
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy R wrote:
I am still for option 1!

Option 1 is fine. I'll get to my turn in a while later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken dunn
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad news...Carrie Fisher passes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kendunn wrote:

Yeah, this year has really been crappy and it seems to want to stay that way until the very end. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kendunn wrote:

Sad! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [77] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.