Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please confirm that each part of the Op Prep and Weekly Org phases are distinct. Consequently, one may not, for example, use a discard that counts as two cards to both improve a unit and also return another from the Destroyed box.

This understanding is implied by the Husky example of play, but the EoP is so riddled with errors that I think confirmation is warranted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
htjester wrote:
Please confirm that each part of the Op Prep and Weekly Org phases are distinct. Consequently, one may not, for example, use a discard that counts as two cards to both improve a unit and also return another from the Destroyed box.

Good question.

This is correct. These are all separate steps and you cannot "save" part of a card discard capability to use it in a subsequent step.

htjester wrote:
This understanding is implied by the Husky example of play, but the EoP is so riddled with errors that I think confirmation is warranted.

Oh come on, there are not many errors, and the few were late changes in the rules that forgot to adjust. That comment was unwarranted IMHO. But you did succeed in getting me mildly miffed, just before X-Mas. Buhuhuhu... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:

Oh come on, there are not many errors, and the few were late changes in the rules that forgot to adjust. That comment was unwarranted IMHO. But you did succeed in getting me mildly miffed, just before X-Mas. Buhuhuhu... cry

Sorry, Carl. I am a big fan of your games, and I understand if others think I overstated things a bit. Note though that I have a lot of experience in product development (at least for electronics). I've learned that the devil is in the details. In electronics one must strive for zero tolerance for errors. This colors my perspective and influenced my comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
htjester wrote:

Sorry, Carl. I am a big fan of your games, and I understand if others think I overstated things a bit. Note though that I have a lot of experience in product development (at least for electronics). I've learned that the devil is in the details. In electronics one must strive for zero tolerance for errors. This colors my perspective and influenced my comment.

Don't worry I was just jesting.

I'm an Engineer by trade and I do understand perfectly what you mean. DO know that this is a "one-man show hobby" and that I must do almost everything myself, so there are bound to be some errors as the products, especially this last game, are quite complex. meeple

You'll find the upcoming No Retreat 3: The French and Polish Fronts much improved. BTW if you are interested to peruse it, drop me a Geek mail, and I'll send you the Dropbox link for all the components and rules and the Vassal playtest module. The scenario booklet is not there yet but coming out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.