Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Coryell
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Kris,

Great game! Have a few questions:

1. If it's my turn in a clash - therefore, I can either A) Attack, B) Withdraw, or C) play an Epic card as a maneuver correct?

2. In the above, can I also play a Triskel card as well? In other words, say I attack the blue clan (I'm green), forcing them to lose a clan, could I have also played a Triskel card during my attack? I'm quoting the website from Asmodee: "Playing a card with the Season symbol constitutes an action. Triskel cards, however, are played whenever the conditions they describe are met, whether or not it is your turn, without requiring an action."

3. Later in the Asmodee description text it mentions this: "You can attack, and force your opponent to either lose an unprotected clan from that territory or discard a card and thus likely lose an action that round; you can use a maneuver from one of your Triskel cards; or you can withdraw your clans to another territory that you occupy. Then, if they still have unprotected clans in the territory, the player you attacked chooses one of those three maneuvers in return." So can you play an action card (with a Triskel on it) as well instead of an Epic Card?

4. Also, on page 9 in the clarifications block, 2nd bullet item, could you provide an example of this?

Many thanks, great design, great game.

Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

1. Yes, although note that you can play an Epic Tale that says so as a manoeuvre.

2. Yes, Triskel cards can be played whenever they say they apply.

3. Sorry, I don't understand your question.

4. I go in territory A and B with a Migration. I have now more clans than anyone in territory B. I choose to resolve Conflict A first. If for instance things don't go as planned, I can withdraw from A to B.
This bullet merely emphasizes the fact that the status of chieftain is really fluid!

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris wrote:
Hello,

1. Yes, although note that you can play an Epic Tale that says so as a manoeuvre.

2. Yes, Triskel cards can be played whenever they say they apply.

3. Sorry, I don't understand your question.

4. I go in territory A and B with a Migration. I have now more clans than anyone in territory B. I choose to resolve Conflict A first. If for instance things don't go as planned, I can withdraw from A to B.
This bullet merely emphasize the fact that the status of chieftain is really fluid!

Hope that helps.

I think he is asking if Triskel Action cards can also be played as a maneuvre, in which case you sort of answered it.

I'd suggest the OP would not make any deductions based on website descriptions, since those might well be written by someone with barely any experience of the actual game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.