Popular Tags: [View All]
John Clark
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a report for "Take 2", played with a Scrabble set. Not sure if I should put this under "Pick 2" or here ...

You can read how its played under Pick 2, but most people seem to know already.

On the weekend Jeanette and I played 3 games of Take 2, which she won all, and 3 more last night, which I won 2 with a tie. Actually, it was not a tie but "undecided", as after the first score count I won by 1 and after the second score count she won by 1 and we were sick of counting then :-)

We are both improving at the game - my first games saw scores in the 120s and now we are both usually in the 150s. The tied game was about 160 each. The key is obviously to use every letter twice, especially the letters worth more than 1 point. Its actually much easier than it sounds, and making "ladders" of overlapping 3 or 4 letter words is the way to go.

If my calculations are correct, the maximum combined score possible is 374, so if we are getting 320 (160 each) then that is 86 per cent of the possible, which seems pretty good :-)

I think 2 players is best for Take 2, since with 3 or more leaves the big chance that someone will draw the Q with no U, which is no fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie Gunderson
United States
Deer Creek Mesa (Littleton)
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm confused. Is this session report for Scrabble, or for a different game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clark
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the first line:

"This is a report for "Take 2", played with a Scrabble set. Not sure if I should put this under "Pick 2" or here ... "

I think this answers your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.