BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Thank You Fed Ex and USPS...Seriously rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ordered a game on the 21st and used the standard Fed Ex shipping. It was supposed to arrive Tuesday the 27th. I was okay with that especially this time of year; weather, holidays, etc. The package was handed off to USPS when it got close to our rural area. Yet they got the order here on the 24th Christmas Eve. Pleasant surprise for the holidays. So I just had to write something positive about the service from Fed Ex and USPS. We often hear about bad experiences, but, for whatever reasons I have always had good experiences with Fed Ex and only one glitch with USPS (2 years ago and it was not their fault). Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
They've been a little late with a couple of my packages, but everything has arrived before Christmas, and that's what matters. Fantastic job by all those involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
I also agree - bought something via eBay on Sunday and the estimate was Tuesday the 27th - I had no expectations - but FedEx delivered it first thing. Keep up the good work !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Ashton
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
writing a book on the Eastern Front
badge
panzermatters.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was impressed with Canada Post this year. They picked up a shipment in Vancouver on Monday and got it cross country to me on Friday, instead of next week as expected. Sadly two games that were "mint, unpunched" arrived completely punched but I don't think Canada Post had the time to play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had any issues with UPS, FedEx, or USPS this holiday shopping season. A few things have arrived early (bonus), but everything else has been on time and undamaged. Good stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - FedEx, UPS, and the USPS have all been rock solid.

In the age of Amazon, I know my family really depends on the guys who bring us, well, damn near everything. We made sure they all got a Christmas bonus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Possibly because several freight services last Xmas caught a fair amount of hell for falling behind. Likely some high-muckety-mucks determined that particular news cycle did not need a 2016 repeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preponderance of amateur Amazon drivers out there now has made me appreciate the normal delivery services more this holiday season. One of the Amazon drivers left a medium-sized box on my front patio in the rain, when they could have easily tucked it in under my door. It was literally in the middle of my welcome mat.

It's been an interesting experience this year, but I absolutely second the USPS, Fedex, and UPS performance this year has been quite good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder how many FedEx package handlers messed up their backs and wrists getting the numbers up to par.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USPS has upped its game recently, and significantly. They've pushed for the flat-rate boxes with pricing, which makes it significantly easier for them to both get business, predict how much they can fit in a given delivery mechanism, and collect some extra cash from the ease of use and decreased cost of materials. They've also increased alternative revenue streams (SmartPost).

Because they've been putting pressure on the private companies, they've also upped their game recently.

A little competition improving service on all fronts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember which service it was (UPS was also in the mix of possibilities) but some years back I had my only horror story. The outer box arrived looking like it had been used as a football, or a wheel chock on several hills. But the game inside was perfectly safe due to whichever packing cushion the game company used.

Cheers and a merry Christmas to all in the delivery systems!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.