6 Posts

Axis & Allies» Forums » General

Subject: Axis Control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy S

Wisconsin
msg tools
Alright. Just a quick question to those who play as Axis actively. Who usually gains more power for you? I mean one usually get terminated while the other expands? I would like for Germany to gain power but it always seems to be Japan. I dislike this because it is hard for Japan to move men around. (Through the sea)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually try and build a factory for Japan on the mainland on the first turn and purchase 3 armor every turn until no longer needed to apply pressure to the Soviet Union. Usually this gives Germany some time to build armor and infantry while at the same time defend Europe and push the Russkies from the other side. Almost always, Germany will take moscow, but every once in awhile Japan will do it.

But do remember to protect the Japanese waters at the same time. I know this requires managing your resources to the T but it can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamesmeister99 wrote:
I usually try and build a factory for Japan on the mainland on the first turn and purchase 3 armor every turn until no longer needed to apply pressure to the Soviet Union. Usually this gives Germany some time to build armor and infantry while at the same time defend Europe and push the Russkies from the other side. Almost always, Germany will take moscow, but every once in awhile Japan will do it.

But do remember to protect the Japanese waters at the same time. I know this requires managing your resources to the T but it can be done.

Pretty much how we do it. You gotta put pressure on Russia from both side to give Germany time to take Africa for the IPC.

The only thing is that Russia does not always fall in our games. We make sure the the USA (and the UK if possible) produces fighters each turn and pours a steady stream to Russia to make it a much harder a territory to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Korzend├Ârfer
Germany
Sachsenheim
Baden W├╝rtenberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I buy 1 Inf, 1 Ari ,1 Tank

Ad Astra
Rainer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Parker
United Kingdom
London (west)
flag msg tools
badge
Tat Tvam Asi
mbmbmbmbmb
Axis Control/Revised A&A
As Germany: i would usually buy a lot of INF turn 1 and on subsequent turns buy more tanks with the odd INF to go into WEU. I would blitz Egypt turn 1 with FTR support from balkans/UKR. Sink the UK BB of GIB. Subsequently outbuild Russia whilst having 6 FTRs in WEU with 6+ INF soak to absorb any D-Day. Germany tends to build to a good position come turn 4-5+ with useful income from Africa. Africa is however a sideshow so dont invest much in it, but it hurts UK if it goes.

As Japan: I build 3 TRNs and 1 ARM turn 1 saving 1. Sink the Hawaii fleet with available FTRs, BMB, DD and SUB (if available). Move the ACs and Japan BB to next zone to allow FTRs to land on ACs. Move the Japan TRN with a tank to same zone. This 'threatens' WUSA, OZ, Hawaii and Alaska/WCAN. On turn 2 i would move the fleet back to land in Manchuria with 4 TRNS carrying 2 ARM, 1 ART and 5 INF. On turn 2 build 8 INF. Presuming you captured East China you should have 33 income so you would have IPCs left to get a SUB as well or a FTR if you only bought 7 INF. The point is with Japan to remember a) dont over expand outside sphere of control unless you can defend it and b) although your TRNs are likely to get hit later on, you can transport more than a factory would produce. This is a killer. On turn 3 any units in Manchuria could either hop back onto the TRNs or better still, the ARM blitzs 2 moves towards INDIA and more INF are then transported to Burma via TRNS. By moving a small fleet towards Hawaii/OZ on turn 1 you give the allies something to think about - your invasion on USA isn't serious but it may force the allies to build what they dont want to. If you can force USA to concentrate on the Pacific, sure the USA will eventually take over, but Germany can handle UK alone or with a little US support in the short term long enough to grind down Russia. I know its not that simple but i've found it effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tekkyy tekkyy
msg tools
Actually as Germany I build tanks and quickly build a powerful stack aimed at Russia. Grinding around hitting the largest "weak" target and regaining loss IPCs with combat and non-combat blitz moves.

Occasionally build INF to beef up Western Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.