Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Steinke
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the actual rule is that you lose if you have no cards in your deck AND in your hand, but why do so many people get it wrong?

I've watched several videos online and it seems like far too many people are saying that the game ends when you run out of cards in your deck. It seems like EVERYONE is making this mistake.

The roughest part is that my wife is trying to get a mill deck up and running. She can consistently get rid of my deck, but then I kill her characters before my hand is gone. Then we'll watch a video and they will make this very mistake and call the game. More than a little frustrating.

One of these days she's even going to get rid of the cards in my hand and I'll still be able to kill her before the round is up. That'll be even worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably a relic from playing other games. Such as Magic: The Gathering, Android: Netrunner (Corp Side), and others. The rule varies a bit from game to game. Sometimes it ends when you can't draw a card, or sometimes immediately when the deck runs out. In Epic Card Game, you actually WIN when your deck runs out! With practice and with the viability of mill in Destiny, players will become more familiar with the "deck out rule."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen anyone actually make this mistake, but I don't watch play videos.

She just needs to have a lot of discard and focus dice to get those discards to come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.