Hide
2 Posts

Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Played my first game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
A few months ago I came across Warfighter. Looked like something I would enjoy but decided to pass on it when I found a WWII version was coming out.

Today I played it for the first time. I used the scenario and soldiers used in the example game just to make things easier on myself.

Overall I really enjoyed the game but I made mistakes. The most noticeable one was I went my first few turns without moving the timer. Despite this I think I finished in time.

Walsh ended up being the worst for me. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from the inside. I don't think I will ever take Green again. It didn't help that my natural rolls were so bad that I had to keep reloading with him.

Surprisingly Smith ended up being my MVP. I chalked him up as a red shirt that would die quickly and do little to help. He was the one that got most of my kills while the others were just suppressing them.

Overall I really enjoyed the game but I think it would be better if weapons had a slightly better chance to hit. Maybe increase the chances to hit by one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken McElhaney
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
TechnoGolem wrote:
A few months ago I came across Warfighter. Looked like something I would enjoy but decided to pass on it when I found a WWII version was coming out.

Today I played it for the first time. I used the scenario and soldiers used in the example game just to make things easier on myself.

Overall I really enjoyed the game but I made mistakes. The most noticeable one was I went my first few turns without moving the timer. Despite this I think I finished in time.

Walsh ended up being the worst for me. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from the inside. I don't think I will ever take Green again. It didn't help that my natural rolls were so bad that I had to keep reloading with him.

Surprisingly Smith ended up being my MVP. I chalked him up as a red shirt that would die quickly and do little to help. He was the one that got most of my kills while the others were just suppressing them.

Overall I really enjoyed the game but I think it would be better if weapons had a slightly better chance to hit. Maybe increase the chances to hit by one.

There are skills that allow you to increase the chances for a hit.

- Rifleman skill increases your hit chances by 1 or 2 if you use XP.
- Close Combat skill increases the chances by 1 if you are at Range 0.
- Spotter allows another soldier to increase their chances by 1.
- Certain action cards that increase your chances for a hit.

Remember, you can add these effects when needed.

The art of the game is putting together the right combination of soldiers and using the action cards to their maximum effect. Does that mean you will succeed? Well, maybe. But at least you can increase your chances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.