Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"A squad may fire any one SW at no cost to its own FP, or any two SW at the cost of forfeiting its FP for the current and any remaining fire phases in that player turn."

So if I have a squad carrying two SW and I use FPF (which requires the unit use all SW), then any further FPF shots will be at 0 FP for the unit itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I would read it. The ASLRB states (8.31) that units must use all SW "up to the unit's normal operation capabilities", which I would read as being two SW's. So the unit's inherent FP is forfeited for the remainder of the turn, though the MG's can continue to fire in FPF. I suppose that, in theory, both SW's could end up malfed (especially since Sustained Fire lowers the B#, though I'm not sure that's in SK) and the unit would be defenseless. Seems pretty odd to me, but that's what the rules appear to say.

Good read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

tppytel wrote:
(especially since Sustained Fire lowers the B#, though I'm not sure that's in SK)

Yup: MG + SFF = -2 B#

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.