M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo

77 Points in speed Peurto Rico.
(Damn right I'm bragging, that's like 12,000 when you convert from metric)

We also played Settlers of Canaan. I'm not sure about the "Wall" privelidge. I don't think any of us used it well.
Heather won this one as I dragged my feet in last.

We finally got Merchants of Amsterdam to the table.
It was close until the end. I do enjoy the dutch auction mechanism, but I find I don't use it enough. I gave up about $150,000 by not bidding on a couple of key pieces.

I also saw New York Chase
-- I wonder if someone has developed 9-11 rules?

Also saw Santiago (I think) and a Die Siegler?
As well there were some specialty deck card games out on the go.

Post 'em if you played 'em.

See you in 14.

MrZoz
goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mostly cards for me. First up was Japanese Napoleon (for Kurt, Bill, Steve, Sean, and I), a curious hidden-partnership trick-taking game. I won, for being on the winning partnership all five hands.

Then Sean and ... Yannick? split off to play some Columbia Block wargame with a number for a title (1812?). Bill, Steve and I played a game of Mykerinos, which ended in a very slim margin - 51 for me, 50 for Steve. Bill trailed in the high 30's, I believe.

Then we broke out a Tarot deck for some French Tarot. I got a full house, and four people died. (/StevenWright) We played four hands of that, and after the third hand I had an insurmountable lead. And in the fourth hand, Steve surmounted the insurmountable lead and won.

And the the old staple - Tichu. We agreed to play to midnight and stop then. At midnight, the score was 700-300 for Bill and I over Steve and Sean. But Sean didn't want to stop, so we played on. And they mounted the comeback. In the hand that took us across the 1AM mark, both teams crossed the 1000-point finish line - but Steve and Sean won by landing at the higher score, 1080 to 1020.

I know I saw Elchfest and Streetcar (as well as New York Chase) get played at the big, round table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Napoleon card game was fun, and I even surprised myself by taking a hand. Although I guess I should have picked another partner and maybe Mark wouldn't have won by quite so much.

It was 1812 that Sean and I played. A quick game though as Canada ended up being soundly invaded in 1812 so we didn't get to play the reinforcement rules. Sean pushed hard from Kingston and ran into a stone wall of 6's from an equal sized army. The remnants then followed him back to Kingston and controlled the rest of the St. Lawrence from Montreal to Toronto. A little more conservative play and a little more normalized dice rolling will help for the next time when we give Rommel in the Desert a go. Guess I'd better learn the rules before then. It did feel strange playing the older Columbia game when I'm more used to East Front.

Then it was home time for me for some early shut eye, after being handed a sound thrashing on the Elk flicking table by Sean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J R
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:
goo

77 Points in speed Peurto Rico.
(Damn right I'm bragging, that's like 12,000 when you convert from metric)

I think you used the wrong conversion factor. I believe it only comes to 48.125 when you convert from metric shake

Lesson learned on my part - Do not sit to the left of Paul angry

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.