Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Dawson
Canada
Kelowna
BC
flag msg tools
mb
So, I was thinking of Jayne and have found his card to be rather lacking. Merc makes sense, as does 2 fight and wanted. I can even see him carrying 1 extra gear if 1 of them is a firearm.

I do not understand why he would be carrying 3 gear though, or why that would be in character. I also am not sure what would be in character.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us? Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir! Mal: Ain't we just.
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely in character.

Usually a large gun, such as Vera, or others, too.

Then a small gun or knife (Dobson's ear, anyone?)

And, of course, grenades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although I agree that there could be other, perhaps better, interpretations of Jayne, he fairly commonly carries multiple weapons. In fact, I believe one of the props is officially referred to as "Jayne's OTHER Knife..."

Technically, the ability to carry 2 additional Gear with FIGHT would probably be a more accurate, and flavorful interpretation, but also a bit more limiting.

It's also important to note that the core Serenity Crew, for the most part, have very basic abilities: Zoe, Kaylee, and Inara allow re-rolls, Wash gives a base +1 to Range, etc. In that light, Jayne being able to carry additional Gear makes sense with the "theme" of the Crew (vs Salvage Ops for the Walden, Morale Booster for the Heart of Gold girls, etc).

And, as Steve alludes to, in SERENITY, there's the bit about carrying grenades where Mal or Zoe says that he only has two arms, and he says he gets excitable about his choices...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dawson
Canada
Kelowna
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Everybody carries more than 1 piece of equipment, and while I don't have a problem with Jayne carrying Vera and grenades, it just doesn't feel right to carry 3 gear (which often ends up as hacking equipment or some such)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
And his hat makes four. We played last week and I put all four items on him for fun, with no other crew carrying anything (I had 7 crew because I had extra crew space and Nandi). Then I got the card that gives bonuses for crew that aren't carrying equipment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.