Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For offensive infantry fire, am I missing something: it doesn't seem to matter how many factors of infantry are firing, there doesn't seem to be a DRM that reflects 3 stacks of 30 SP each firing together vs one stack of 6 SP firing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walter vejdo
France
paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes because above 4sp no big difference as only the front rows are firing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can an Infantry stack fire at all adjacent hexes which contain enemy units at the same Offensive Fire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Can an Infantry stack fire at all adjacent hexes which contain enemy units at the same Offensive Fire?

From what I understand, a stack can only target 1 hex per offensive fire phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waltervejdo wrote:
Yes because above 4sp no big difference as only the front rows are firing

Is there no bonus if multiple stacks are firing on a hex, wouldn't this provide a larger frontage firing on the target?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can fire with as many stacks as you want, but all you get is the benefit of firing with more than 4 SP!

This is one of the "quirks" of this game system. We're all used to "More Good! Less Bad!" when it comes to attack factors. Doesn't matter here for fire combat.

It took a while for me to get used to this and avoid piling on troops at the firing line, or try firing from multiple hexes.

Instead, I learned to only set up the most effective troops to fire (light troops if possible) and save the "big guns" for the melee attack. This is where the large SP totals and multiple hex attacks become advantages.

IN this game system Infantry combat is not too effective in most cases; if you want to punish your opponent with fire combat you need to bring the artillery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You can fire with as many stacks as you want, but all you get is the benefit of firing with more than 4 SP!

If you amass 10 artillery SP, that confers -1 to your fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.