Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm curious what people think of the 2-4 player neutral dice variant from the rulebook. I was thinking of playing this for the first time with my mom and girlfriend over the next couple of days. I'm worried the concept might be a bit much for my mom, who doesn't have much experience with modern board games.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally wouldn't want to play without it... I think it makes the game a lot more interesting... but, there's no harm in keeping it simple for mom. I'd just play base game with them first, and then ask if they wanna play again, with 1 more rule. Let them decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The neutral dice give you stronger (and often tougher) decisions in the game. Playing without them can get dull quickly for some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For gamers, the neutral dice are almost essential if you are playing with less than 4. But if there are non gamers at the table, you should definitely play without them for the first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.