BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Patchwork or Cottage Garden? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im looking for one of these games but wich?

Its have to be good 2 player but have to do Well 3-4 player to. Is it Cottage Garden i have to look for or?

Merry Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play 2-4 then Cottage Garden is the one you want.
Patchwork only plays 2P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2p only definitely Patchwork. Cottage Garden plays more, of course, but removes the economy which IMO makes the game too simplistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I greatly enjoyed Patchwork so I was certain that I would enjoy Cottage Garden (if anything just for the cats), but alas, Patchwork is the superior game. The only time I can see playing CG over Patchwork is if you need more than 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
CG is a relaxing puzzle solving activity to share with your friends/family/loved ones on a Saturday morning with a nice cup of herbal tea. Patchwork is a lightweight, yet competitive and strategic game. They share similar mechanisms, but the experience is very different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
i had this dilema a few weeks/months back, and eventually after reading up a lot decided to go with Patchwork and purchase other games for more than 2 players

Patchwork is a fantastic game and i would highly recommend it to anyone who has a mild interest in tetris/solataire or just playing games

its easy to learn, easy to play, yet each game feels very unique in the way the patches get laid out and then onto the way people are playing strategically

another one that was recommended to me at the time was Karesansui, although that is more of a reserve auction game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.