Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
james browning
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which faction for Battlelore have you played?

English?

French?

Both?

I personally have only played the French and my wife always plays the English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: English, French or both?
We played the first scenario - the French won - then we changed sides - the French won again.
We decided to play the same scenario again and again until both of us achieved a victory on the English side (which happened in the fourth and fifth session, I think).
So: no preferences for me or my wife so far.

As we *had to* play or test several other games since then (I sometimes translate game rules and components for a German publisher), Battlelore hasn't come on the table since weeks (though my wife and I really love it - btw. my wife was very sceptical at first when she heard that it is kind of a battle simulation).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
willem ter beek
Netherlands
ede
flag msg tools
Well it doesn't matter. But for some reason most of the time I play Standards (which I prefer to call them instead of French or France, don't like French, neither does any European except the French themselves).
If I play a game with the Pennants (or English) i get confused sometimes.
My friend liked Goblins better (in the beginning) and I liked Dwarfs better, so thats an easy choice. Most of the time now we play Call to Arms BL, so it doesn't matter anymore. Mixed camps are brilliant!

well so far my silly answer on a silly (no offense) question.

happy gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither...

I play Dwarfs...

If the French want to tag along for the ride, that's well and good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'm a European and I like the French.

Only played one game and I more or less forget which side was which given it was one of the later scenarios. The French fought on both sides of the Hundred Years War anyway: it was to a considerable degree a French Civil War...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Prior to CtA, I usually played the English because my buddy doesn't like the Goblins. Now that we're mixing decks in CtA, I get to field some Dwarves too!

Personally, I prefer the look of the pennant banners, so I use them when we play CtA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.