Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trading items bought in town rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We go through our first stay in Town. One character has enough money to by Hunting Knife which would be suitable for another character. Is it allowed to directly assign bought item to another character?

P.S. There is a gear card of this particular item "Hunting Knife" in Gear deck. Do I take this card for the character form the deck or it is just noted in character sheet and card remains in the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can easily transfer items in the Town.

P.S. It's up to you. Usually people just add note in character sheet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're in town together, go ahead and trade items. We usually add a 'when at the same location' caveat, which just means they get traded at the camp site or hotel.

You can use the gear card or just note it on the character sheet. Many town items don't have cards, and must be written down. My group just writes things down on character sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb

I have a quick question, kinda same so may as well include it here.
If I want to sell a token, say either whisky, tonic or exotic spices...how much would you sell it for. Half of what you bought it for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo B.
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
All right. Then, fine. The title is "Cheese Song". Eh-hem. Hn... Here I go:
badge
Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnt Lightning wrote:

If I want to sell a token, say either whisky, tonic or exotic spices...how much would you sell it for. Half of what you bought it for?

If I want to get rid of it to have free space I reject those, I've never sold them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can trade stuff freely in Town as long as you are at the same Location.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnt Lightning wrote:

Strictly speaking Sidebag Tokens aren't Items or Darkstone and thus can't be sold. There are several that can't be bought (Shatter Grenades for example) either.

There are Character builds that either start missions with resupplies of Sidebag Tokens or can spawn them in numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gray
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
When in town we play that a hero needs to be at the same location to trade items. Usually this means at the camp sight or inn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.