GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,463 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Rasmus
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just kicking some ideas around for a continuing adventure once the Amulet is collected.
The thought was to have the heroes wandering out of the Tower and encountering some of the horrors that hide in the shadow of the Tower.

I was thinking of using my Zombicide: Black Plague miniatures to start with, and I have just started knocking out some numbers for enemies.

Dead Hounds

Dead hounds thrive in the shadow of the Silver Tower, where they hunt in the gardens, feasting on the weak that stray in those gardens.

Move 6
Vigour 2
Agility 2+

Weapon Actions Dice Range Hit Damage
Bite 2 Combat 3+ 1
Raking Claws 1 Combat 2+ 1

Fury of the pack: Bites hit on 2+ if two or more Hounds attack the same target.

Behaviour Table
D6 Actions
1 Howl at the Moon: Each Hound will move as far away from any hero that they can, then raise a howl to summon an additional Hound per Hound howling.
2-3 Cull the Weak: Each Hound moves towards the most wounded Hero and attacks using Bite.
4-5 Break the Vanguard: Each Hound moves towards the least wounded Hero and attacks using Bite.
6 Passing Blow: Each Hound will move so as to pass a Hero, but not to stay in Combat with the Hero. If it can pass then it will attack using Raking Claws. If it can only reach a Hero, and not pass it, it will attack using Bite instead, but not benefit from Fury of the pack.

Shambling Dead

The dead cannot rest in the shadow of the Tower, and wander the gardens in search of something they cannot articulate, even if they could speak.

Move 3
Vigour 2
Agility 5+

Necrotic Bite 1 Combat 3+ 1
Weighing Down 2 Combat 4+ Stun
Consume 1 Combat 5+ 2

Chew and devour: If a Necrotic Bite causes a Wound to a Hero, a Shambling Dead can immediately attack using Consume.

Behaviour Table
D6 Actions
1 Shambling ring of rotting flesh: All Shambling Dead will move towards a single hero, the one closest to the majority of them, and will attack using Necrotic Bite.
2-5 The slow march of death: Each Shambling Dead will move towards the closest hero and attack using Necrotic Bite.
6 Press of rotting bodies: Each Shambling Dead will move towards the closest hero and attack using Weighing Down.

Carrion-eaters

Flitting through the shadows of the Tower gardens, these groups of winged flesheaters are the bane of many adventurers and camping wounded trying to leave the Tower.

Move 6
Vigour 3
Agility 2+

Beaks 2 Combat 2+ 1
Claws 4 Combat 4+ 1

Murder of Crows: Descending in swarms makes it harder to target and kill the flying horrors. If two or more groups of Carrion-eaters are attacking a hero, the hero suffers a -1 modifier to their Hit-rolls.
Cacophony of Death: It is hard to concentrate on the birds with the noise they make. Any ranged attack on a Carrion-eater suffer a -1 modifier to their Hit-rolls.
Picked Clean: Any hero greviously wounded by a Carrion-eater must roll a die for each Treasure-card. On a roll of 1 or 2 the Treasure-card is discarded.

Behaviour Table
D6 Actions
1-3 Swarm and Feast: Each Carrion-eater moves towards the closest hero and attacks using their Beaks.
4 Hunt the Gleaming: Each Carrion-eater moves towards the hero with the most treasures, and attacks using Beaks, and then the Claws.
5-6 Circle and swoop: Remove all Carrion-eaters from the board as they soar into the sky. Each hero rolls a die. The one that rolls the lowest (re-roll ties) becomes the target, and all Carrion-eaters descend on that hero, being placed as close to the hero as possible and attacking using Beaks.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this idea is of encounters outside of the tower and not rolling in settlement (of sorts) charts?

What outdoor tiles will be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea was to make four or five new adventures using the Descent-tiles, exploring the area around the base of the Tower in the Wastes where the Tower stands.
I was thinking of a small adventure with camped heroes, a Necromancer trying to build his forces before ingress into the tower, possibly a Beastman gang hanging around as well.

I always thought the lack of scenarios and venues other than the Tower itself was always a drawback to WHQ:ST so I figured I would rectify that shortfall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding a werewolf

Werewolf

Stalking the gardens there werewolf, while gravely wounded, constitutes a grave threat to anyone who gets too close, or can be scented on the air.

Move 5
Vigour 9
Agility 3+

Bite 1 Combat 3+ D3
Claws 2 Combat 2+ 1

Regeneration: At the start of each Advesary phase the Werewolf regenerates one wound. The Werewolf cannot be stunned.

Fearsome foe: When the werewolf is slain, whichever hero landed the killing blow gains D3 renown rather than 1, and each other hero gains 1 renown.

Behaviour Table
D6 Actions
1 Howl at the moon: The werewolf will remain stationary and call for reinforcements. Place Player number of Dead Hounds at the nearest entrance. The werewolf then attacks using its claws.
2-4 Hunt and Devour: The werewolf moves towards the nearest hero and attack with Bite.
5-6 Rend and Tear: The werewolf attacks using Bite and then Claws. If the werewolf is not in range it will move towards the nearest hero and then attack with claws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.