Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Gamer
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
The War Gamer (YouTube) Check it out.
badge
It's our imagination that is responsible for the quality of a game, not the game itself.
mb
Look at your other Inf HQ's and see if you see a familiar pattern. Then look at the Panzer HQ's and see the pattern there. All HQ's have mobility for that counter, but control either a Leg or Mech formation as signified by the presents or lack of those two little transportation dots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
Joey has it right. All HQ are considered Mech for movement purposes. Determining whether a German formation is Mech or Leg is based on the type of formation, not the HQ movement class. To clarify, I have added the following bullet to GOSS 7.1.3.

• All HQ are considered Mech units unless otherwise noted in scenario rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Gamer
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
The War Gamer (YouTube) Check it out.
badge
It's our imagination that is responsible for the quality of a game, not the game itself.
mb
I know it sounds crazy, but where I think players get wrapped around the axle on this is separating out the difference between the HQ being Motorized and the HQ's Formation being motorized (hope that makes sense).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Bryant
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Joey or Gunny wrote:
I know it sounds crazy, but where I think players get wrapped around the axle on this is separating out the difference between the HQ being Motorized and the HQ's Formation being motorized (hope that makes sense).
No, I was looking at the Unit Type Chart, where there isn't a category for HQs. I took the empty box wih wheels to mean "and any other types with the wheel symbol", which would leave the 716 XX HQ as leg despite it's high MA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.