Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
instead of near each player? Having the stones in a central pile seems like it might be more difficult to reach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Singleton
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've tried it both ways. It's much easier to grab from your own quarry and accidentally place on the boats. We've gone back to a central quarry to resist the absent-minded urge to by-pass the sleds. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
singler3360 wrote:
We've tried it both ways. It's much easier to grab from your own quarry and accidentally place on the boats. We've gone back to a central quarry to resist the absent-minded urge to by-pass the sleds. YMMV.

I can totally picture myself doing this. When I played Hansa Teutonica, I had to place my extra cubes under a cup so that I didn't keep grabbing them accidentally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes set up and take down much easier to just have a central pile.

And when you use the "take stones" action, the player closest to the pile can hand them to you. If you don't like that, this game doesn't have a very big footprint anyway; nobody is really out of reach of the central pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies. When playing Stone Age, it's really easy to take a meeple from the stock rather than one from your tribe, so having a central pool of stones makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
It makes set up and take down much easier to just have a central pile.
This is exactly what I was thinking. By the time you sort into 4 piles (if stored centrally) or open 4 bags, you can already be well into the first turn if you just leave all colors in one pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Levad
United States
Selah
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally prefer a central pile for the reasons stated above however I play with one or two ocd folks who just can't stand the disorder of it so inevitably they get sorted into individual piles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my games, each person gets his own bag, so there's no real setup time. People do sometimes get confused about taking the wrong blocks, but they also enjoy playing with the blocks when it's not their turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
instead of near each player? Having the stones in a central pile seems like it might be more difficult to reach.

We always give players their own pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.