Subject: First game - 4 players - opinions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So i just finished my first play with 4 players, and i have vanilla and Cthulu, and it was a breeze for a while, building a great rail network and getting people to travel around without wasting cards...

Then we hit a bit of a spot where the game got pretty vicious(we were only playing with 4 epidemics..so on easy mode) and we started to really struggle to share cards

We ended up researching all 4 virus on the last go of the game, but were alarmed at how fast it become difficult the longer the game went on, it's almost like they have balanced the game so that as soon as you start getting rid of cards you 'think' you don't need, it hits the fan

Very good first game though, and enough variation from the others to make it a purchase, one of my sons who loves vanilla but hates Cthulu theme, thought it was probably the best version

All i can say is, make sure you set up a good rail network and purify the water when things start to go downhill

Giant thumbs up!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Watts
New Zealand
Hawera South Taranaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:
So i just finished my first play with 4 players, and i have vanilla and Cthulu, and it was a breeze for a while, building a great rail network and getting people to travel around without wasting cards...

Then we hit a bit of a spot where the game got pretty vicious(we were only playing with 4 epidemics..so on easy mode) and we started to really struggle to share cards

We ended up researching all 4 virus on the last go of the game, but were alarmed at how fast it become difficult the longer the game went on, it's almost like they have balanced the game so that as soon as you start getting rid of cards you 'think' you don't need, it hits the fan

Very good first game though, and enough variation from the others to make it a purchase, one of my sons who loves vanilla but hates Cthulu theme, thought it was probably the best version

All i can say is, make sure you set up a good rail network and purify the water when things start to go downhill

Giant thumbs up!!

Thanks - I have just ordered a copy will remember that when I get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.