Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Early in the rules, it said that satellites are like towns. In Move Goods, you wrote that an un-urbanized satellite counts as a neutral city, and that each planet/satellite requires a loco. What does that mean -- how is this different from basic game rules?

2. Also, it is implied but never stated outright that the disks placed in setup represent the colors the planets.

3. At the end of the round, you move discs clockwise amongst planets and urbanized satellites, right? So does an urbanized satellite now have 2 colors (one for the new city tile you used, and the other from the disc now there)? Or are you supposed to use a colored disk when urbanizing (the Urbanize action is never actually explained)? In that case, how many of each color are available for Urbanize -- is it the remaining disks in the pool formed during setup, or do you use the typical 4 black/1 per color New Cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
1. Early in the rules, it said that satellites are like towns. In Move Goods, you wrote that an un-urbanized satellite counts as a neutral city, and that each planet/satellite requires a loco. What does that mean -- how is this different from basic game rules?

Count each planet and satellite as a stop.

snoozefest wrote:
2. Also, it is implied but never stated outright that the disks placed in setup represent the colors the planets.

Correct

snoozefest wrote:
3. At the end of the round, you move discs clockwise amongst planets and urbanized satellites, right? So does an urbanized satellite now have 2 colors (one for the new city tile you used, and the other from the disc now there)? Or are you supposed to use a colored disk when urbanizing (the Urbanize action is never actually explained)?

All discs move, so each planet and satellite have only one color

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! So planets and satellites act just like cities and towns in the base game.

Please clarify the Urbanize action:
When urbanizing, you place a disk there to mark the satellite's color. That disk:
a. May be any color you choose (for example, players could urbanize every satellite to red during the game)?
-- OR
b. Must be chosen from the unused disks in the pool created during setup?
-- OR
c. Must be from the base game's pool of New Cities, but place a disk instead of the New City tile? That New City tile is then no longer available (so, for example, you couldn't make 2 new red satellites)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you want to urbanize with discs ? It is a different rules from the base game ? the rules only list the differences

May be the rules should say that the discs and the hex tiles must move but that's obvious that the planets are turning around the Sun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
Why do you want to urbanize with discs ? It is a different rules from the base game ? the rules only list the differences

May be the rules should say that the discs and the hex tiles must move but that's obvious that the planets are turning around the Sun

Because the picture in the rules shows an urbanized satellite, with a disc on it. It also says the discs move, with no mention of the New City tiles -- hence my original question of whether the satellites were supposed to be multicolored (clearly not).

Since this was sold with the Paris map anyway, in my opinion it would be cleaner to simply use the Paris new-city token discs here as well.

As for the planets turning around the sun being obvious: I don't think it's obvious at all! Especially since, unless I'm misunderstanding the rules, at the end of the turn only the planets and urbanized satellites move. You skip any unurbanized satellites; if that's the case, in a ring of 2 planets and one urbanized satellite, why would a planet suddenly jump half a turn in the orbit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's me check the rules then but I think the purple disc should be a purple hex, that's it.

The discs which represent the color of the planets AND the New City tiles are moving around the Sun.

You can use the Paris discs if you still have them so the rules would only mention discs, so that would say Answer (c) from your previous post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, it's all clear now!

You know, I got to thinking more about this: I also have Hexpansion ... if there are enough of each color, after randomizing as per the rules of this map I could use the Hexpansion city tiles and the normal New City tiles as a sort of variant. Then, when it's time for the planets and satellites to orbit, everything could orbit to the next step (without skipping the unurbanized satellite spots). Or maybe I'll just make a bunch of numbered tokens to represent the starting planets. It would be a more predictable system of orbital rotation, which seems thematically appropriate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up question: do goods move with the planets, or do they stay in the same spot on the board (where new cubes will appear during Production)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Follow-up question: do goods move with the planets, or do they stay in the same spot on the board (where new cubes will appear during Production)?

A: as in rules, planetary discs only move (NOT goods) - per Tweet from AV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:

All discs move, so each planet and satellite have only one color

Just to clarify, even the non-urbanized satellites rotate? The way we played they were skipped and planets with a color jumped over them, is this correct or incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.