Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see that Hasbro are working hard on their core values, sorry I mean their shareholder value:

Check the link to Rotten Tomatoes here:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=425312

Mind you, if a theme-park ride can spawn three hugely lucrative movies who are we to cavil at "Candyland 2: Electric Bugaloo: The Movie."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Clark
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Words fail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
I can read you mind
badge
I am the eye in the sky, looking at you. I can read you mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools. i can cheat you blind. And I don't need to see anymore to know that....
mbmbmbmbmb
gulpgulpgulp
yukyukyuk
shakeshakeshake
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course the natural reaction is gulp

But they must know this and should be prepared going in. Perhaps they are going to make movies that are actually good. It wouldn't be difficult to come up with something better than recent comic book adaptations. If the movies are good it could get people buying and playing more board games. I can't see how that would be bad for the hobby in general. Of course if the movies suck, well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
This was also discussed yesterday. Take a look at:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/169383

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
A Candyland movie could be good. Lord Licorice is a mac daddy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only fathom Trivial Pursuit as a decent subject for a movie if it were a documentary, the same way they did a documentary on the New York Times crossword puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tandlmayer
United States
Wilkinsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was at a Target the other day and on a Heroscape box was a contest for a Heroscape movie or something like that. I didn't investigate too closely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wagaman
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"According to Variety, Hasbro and the William Morris Agency have just partnered up in an effort to turn a bunch of properties into TV shows, movies and video games. Properties like G.I. Joe, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Clue, Candy Land and the Ouija Board."

It's not all about movies. Sure some of the properties could become movies, but I could see things like Candyland and Trivial Pursuit being gameshows. Imagine a Ouija Board show on SciFi or some such station.

FRED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil Upchurch
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dumwytgi wrote:
I can only fathom Trivial Pursuit as a decent subject for a movie if it were a documentary, the same way they did a documentary on the New York Times crossword puzzle.

I can imagine a family pulp adventure movie where crazy characters travel the globe in search of questions and answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamburg-Maas
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Trivial Pursuit being gameshows

That's been done already, back in the mid 1990s. It was a creditable, if inexpensive, effort. I will happily welcome another effort. (But only if it's a multi-player game, unlike all the single-player gameshows out right now.) (But that's a different thread.)

'Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.