Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once an antiaircraft gun has fired, I think all the tokens should be mixed up. Otherwise, if a miss is uncovered, any grounded aircraft can be safely attacked by flying over the miss space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe but that's not the standard rules. This should be a variant.

I do think it's a good idea though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
myhiatus wrote:
Once an antiaircraft gun has fired, I think all the tokens should be mixed up. Otherwise, if a miss is uncovered, any grounded aircraft can be safely attacked by flying over the miss space.

I think that is the idea behind that rule. If you want to try to seek a way through the Anti-aircraft protection, you must risk losing a plane to find out if it is safe or not. If you were allowed to reshuffle each time, I don't believe it would even be worth the effort to try to attack a base. Too much of a chance of losing planes.

Remember, that if a hit has been turned up, a plane is lost, and that hit is still there --- and the opponent still does not know a safe way through the AA defenses! That is protection enough. If a miss is turned up, the base will need to be aware of approaching enemy planes and better start to scramble its aircraft into the air to avoid being strafed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Rules to Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.