Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For the bomb pictured here, can you help me understand...

1). Let's say I place a red 3 on the left space first and then a red 5 in the middle. Then must the right one be red or a 5?

2) Now how about if I place a red 3 on the left and then a green 1 on the right. Does that mean the middle one would have to match the color or number of the left one and the right one? (So in essence I'd be matching the color of one and number of the other)

Thanks for the help. This is a fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos F.
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Number 2 is correct: in your example you must place a green 3 in the center.
But in this card is better to start with the center and then the sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MN Gopher wrote:

1). Let's say I place a red 3 on the left space first and then a red 5 in the middle. Then must the right one be red or a 5?

2) Now how about if I place a red 3 on the left and then a green 1 on the right. Does that mean the middle one would have to match the color or number of the left one and the right one? (So in essence I'd be matching the color of one and number of the other)

1) the one on the right would have to be a Red die with any number

2) No, it's not the number of one and the color of the other, it's the same number of the die on the left and the same color of the die on the right, you can't do it reversed so, If you have a red 3 on the left and a green 1 on the right then the middle would have to be a Green 3 (THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE CORRECT REPLY SEE BELLOW THE REPLY FROM Carrie K)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
MN Gopher wrote:

1. You can't place a red 3 on the left and a red 5 in the middle. The left and middle dice must be the same number while the middle and right dice must be the same color.

2. As previously stated, the middle would have to be a green 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MN Gopher wrote:

Actually...
The middle symbol, meaning "number OR color", is relevant to both the leftmost and the rightmost spaces. So...

1) It would be legal to place a red 3 on the left space, then a red 5 on the middle (because you are matching either number or color), but the final space must then be a red die to match the color of the middle die, because that would be the symbol remaining uncovered. HOWEVER, if you placed dice in the opposite order (right to left), you could place a red 3 on the rightmost space, then match number or color on the middle space. Say you placed a red 5. Now the leftmost space would have to be a 5 of any color, matching the number of the middle die because the number symbol is the last uncovered symbol. It all depends on which order you place the dice in. You don't need to remember the already covered symbols. This brings me to the second question.

2) If you placed a red 3 on the left and a green 1 on the right, your middle die would have to be EITHER a red 1 or a green 3 in order to meet both requirements.

Happy strategizing!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipbubs wrote:
MN Gopher wrote:

Actually...
The middle symbol, meaning "number OR color", is relevant to both the leftmost and the rightmost spaces. So...

1) It would be legal to place a red 3 on the left space, then a red 5 on the middle (because you are matching either number or color), but the final space must then be a red die to match the color of the middle die, because that would be the symbol remaining uncovered. HOWEVER, if you placed dice in the opposite order (right to left), you could place a red 3 on the rightmost space, then match number or color on the middle space. Say you placed a red 5. Now the leftmost space would have to be a 5 of any color, matching the number of the middle die because the number symbol is the last uncovered symbol. It all depends on which order you place the dice in. You don't need to remember the already covered symbols. This brings me to the second question.

2) If you placed a red 3 on the left and a green 1 on the right, your middle die would have to be EITHER a red 1 or a green 3 in order to meet both requirements.

Happy strategizing!!

I think Carrie is correct on all counts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rademaker
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
She better be right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.