Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those packs have three maneuvre decks each and 18 airplane cards.
The first SP is dedicated to the Spitfire Mk.I, with the A maneuvre deck. The bulk is made of several British planes, including an amazing pink one for armed recon (140 Squadron, RAF) dedicated to Miss Wilson of Riverview, Canada. There are also two sample Spit that were sent to Poland and France even if they did not see any actual combat. The first should have joined the September 1939 campaign, but it was blocked and never arrived to destination. The second was used for evaluation purposes and then capturted by Germans. A German Spit, the dream of the ace Adolf Galland (well, he actually dreamed of a squadron of them), is also included: it was a captured airplane, again used only fort tests. Another couple of planes that took part in no combat are a Turkish Spitfire, that anyway made regular recon missions on Axis occupied territory, and a Portuguese one that's a little gift to our enthusiastic Portuguese players.
The second SP, with the B maneuvre deck, is for the Messerschmitt Bf.109 E in its little variants. It depicts 18 109 Es, all of them combat planes that saw active service against the enemy (whoever he was). There is a little squadron of planes from the Condor Legion, that joined the Spanish Civil War, and quite a lot of WWII planes with renown German aces. Roumenians, Slovaks, Bulgarians and Croatians also have on plane each. There is even an Allied plane: the Yugoslavian Bf.109 of Miha Clavora, that fought the Axis forces invading his countries and was shot down. Even more unusual, a Swiss Bf.109 E: it belonged to the pilot Jean Roubarty, that shot down a Luftwaffe He.111 the 1st of June, 1940. Actually, Swiss pilots shot down 5 He.111 and one Me.110 that passed Swiss bonduaries between May and June; their service went on forcing to land hundreds of planes. Later in the war there have been dogfights with Allied pilots mistaking Swiss Bf.109s for German ones, and a couple have been shot down by P.51. A historical scenario with Alied pilots havving the aim of shot down Swiss ones and Swiss planes having to force them to land with no harm could be an interesting one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Madeira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
and a Portuguese one that's a little gift to our enthusiastic Portuguese players.

Nice!!!

Woohoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in our decks we usually prefer to have warbirds that actually fought. Luckly for Portugal, you did not join the World War and airplanes flying over Lisboa (or toward it) during the conflict are just a part of the unforgettable Casablanca movie. But since we had a few Spitfire cards to spare, we decided for that one. Even because, thanks also to Firepigeon's great miniatuires pictures, we are actually aware of a WoW gaming comunity in Portugal. Even if we do not have (yet... but working on that... ) a Portuguese eiton of our little game.

Thanks a lot!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Madeira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a few people playing WoW already... but since the minis came out it's just been crazy! My shop, Runadrake, ordered 3 displays (for people that are not familiar with them, that's 6 complete sets of 12 minis each) and they were gone in a week - the first one was gone as soon as it arrived, split between me and Firepigeon, eheh; plus there were plenty of people waiting for (I think it was) Famous Aces that had been out-of-stock everywhere for some months. As soon as Firepigeon unpacked the minis, we started a huge 10-player battle! There's a few pics one of the guys took during the battle (hey, he's Italian too!) at my website http://www.abreojogo.com/node/3370, but the quality is terrible. We had incredible fun, though!

Now those pics Firepigeon took, wow. They're just amazing. That terrain is a nice complement to the fabulous minis! I think it's a gaming table from another gaming shop, which specializes in miniatures (and it shows; really wonderful!!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the pictures on your site are enjoyable too... A true gaming chronicle! In you need anything for the site just tell me, even in private. Sorry - I don't know Portoguese.

Yes, Famous aces (and other stuff) came back lately after several months of being unavailable. The minis are almost sold out too, right now, we are producing a new bulk of them that will be available in August. A new series of 12 will be out in september. But in July there will be the DeLuxe box with Richthofen, Baracca, Udet and Barker - a good starting box for the 3d version, full of damage decks. A kind of a 3d Famous Aces. But not available in English - just Italian ,Spanish, French and German.

Thanks for everything!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
A new series of 12 will be out in september.

Which planes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="angiolillo"]Those packs have three maneuvre decks each and 18 airplane cards.
The first SP is dedicated to the Spitfire Mk.I, with the A maneuvre deck. The bulk is made of several British planes, including an amazing pink one for armed recon (140 Squadron, RAF) dedicated to Miss Wilson of Riverview, Canada.

WOW!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im speechless

and honoured!

She will be very happy, its bad enough that she wants to play with the Red DR1, once she sees the Pink spitfire......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Luxembourg
Luxemburg City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
Even if we do not have (yet... but working on that... ) a Portuguese eiton of our little game.

GREAT!!!! laugh laugh laugh

Thanks for the compliments Andrea!!!

Aquele abraço!!

Manuel Pombeiro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heinzmann
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
There are also two sample Spit that were sent to Poland and France even if they did not see any actual combat. The first should have joined the September 1939 campaign

The Champlin Air Museum collection that was in Arizona and was moved to Washington States Museum of Flight had a Spitfire that had French Markings on it. I always that was strange. Boy do I miss that museum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Info on a pink mk1 spitfire

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal3/2701-2800/Gal2741...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Elliott
United States
Irvine
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I sure hope that there are some Commonwealth pilots included among the Spitfire cards. Also, when are we going to see the Finnish Air Force in WoW? I thought that they flew Bf109's, but it may have been a later model. I can't wait for some Finn/Soviet confrontations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean "Finns as allies of the Germans" or "Finns vs Soviets on their own?"

It seems much more focus has been placed on the "Winter War" that the Finns fought alone against the Soviets and I don't think Me109s would be there. But an interesting collection of planes would, including Gloster Gladiators and the P-36 Hawk.

Andrea said they definitely would so some later war stuff and might do earlier (like Spanish Civil War). The Winter War would be a nice compliment to SCW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we going to see planes from the Pacific Front besides the Japanese zeros? How about that group of American pilots-for-hire that flew for China before The U.S. entered the war? What about my fav, the cool blue winged Corsairs? I hope so! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a big, big problem with Finland. We had a Hurricane in Dawn of War, but there were svastikas on them. It seems that this is forbidden by German law. Even little ones (and no Nazi ones) on a tiny card in a sealed package of 140 in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T T
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
asgelb wrote:
Are we going to see planes from the Pacific Front besides the Japanese zeros? How about that group of American pilots-for-hire that flew for China before The U.S. entered the war? What about my fav, the cool blue winged Corsairs? I hope so! laugh

i'd like to see the Flying Tigers too!

thanks for the great game btw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Balgård
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
angiolillo wrote:
But not available in English - just Italian ,Spanish, French and German.
Andrea

Why in the world would you not make it available in english? its only the largest gaming language. I would love to start playing WoW but it feels wrong to buy the normal basic set if you know there is a new edition on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyinhg Tigers will be in the next WWII box.

ErikuKun wrote:
angiolillo wrote:
But not available in English - just Italian ,Spanish, French and German.
Andrea

Why in the world would you not make it available in english? its only the largest gaming language.

Please don't ask me... I design the game, Nexus Editrice produces them and sell them in Italin. Then they produce local editions for every natonal partner who asks for them, but the decison for each product in each language is to the specific partner. Fantasy Flight Games decided not to do the English versoln of the set, so it's them you have to ask.

Sorry!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Balgård
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hmmm...are the rules available online somewere? are the products in the game (other then the rules) universal (no text) or are there alot of translation needed for english speakers who want to play a non-english version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ErikuKun wrote:
Hmmm...are the rules available online somewere?

Most of them yes. Here you have the "Miniatures" rules (besides the ones of the other sets):
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/wingsofwarsupport.html
You only miss the few scenarios and a couple of scenarios rules, but the rest is there.

ErikuKun wrote:
are the products in the game (other then the rules) universal (no text) or are there alot of translation needed for english speakers who want to play a non-english version?

As every WoW product, the only thing that changes in the local versions is the rulebook. All other materials have icons, no writings. Except for the rank of pilot, name of units and name of air services on the cards (actually not needed to play), that are in the language of the pilot. So you will read "Lieutnant" and "Royal Flying Corps" or "Royal Air Force" or similar on cards of British pilots, "Tenente" and "Regio Esercito" or "Regia marina" on cards of Italian pilots, "Aviation Militaire" on cards of belgian and French pilots and so on. But this is crome, not something you need to play.

In short, with the pdf and the box you will be mostly ok (scenarios apart, but yoy can use the ones of the standard rulebook and of Burning Drachens that you can download too).

Then, if you find a Swedish publisher wanting to do the game in Swedish, you'll have the product in Swediah available. And I will forever be grateful to you for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
We have a big, big problem with Finland. We had a Hurricane in Dawn of War, but there were svastikas on them. It seems that this is forbidden by German law. Even little ones (and no Nazi ones) on a tiny card in a sealed package of 140 in the box.

Really?
They cannot have anything with svastikas? even though they are models of something that was a real object in the past?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
masdero wrote:
They cannot have anything with svastikas? even though they are models of something that was a real object in the past?

This also extends to scale models - even though accurate representations of historically authentic markings, if the intent in the presentation is for entertainment and not education, they are illegal. It's true in a number of central European countries. There's quite a market in authentic decals you can use to accurise the minis though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. See this book cover as an example:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HYM47TVHL._SS500_.jp...

Every Luftwaffe plane had a svastika on the tail. These are historical color schemes, but the svastikas are all gone. See the squared "hole" of lighter green on the tail of the Stuka...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
they are illegal. It's true in a number of central European countries.

I don't think so. I think it only take effect in Germany (and this is plain situation). Here in Poland we have no problem with svasticas in historic books, albums, models and so on (despite people in Poland of course don't like svasticas and red stars because of historic reasons).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Italy there is no law problem too. When I was a kid, Atlantic even did a range of toy soldier called "Le Grandi Rivoluzioni": one box with Hitler, one with Mussolini, one with Mao and one with Stalin and Lenin. Here you have two samples:

http://www.toybox.it/scatolamese/pagine%20passate/scatola_Ma...

http://www.toybox.it/scatolamese/pagine%20passate/scatola_10...

They were sold for 100 liras to little boys in every tobacconist, stationery and supermarket in Italy, and even abroad. There were larger and smaller boxes with different decorations. Some of Hitler boxes had up to 17 svastikas or so, besides some toy soldiers featuring one on a pole.

After a while the range was discontinued, but not for legal reasons. Maybe some parent got a bit upset... Maybe. Anyway the producer had this idea of making two subjects from the Left and two from the Right, so to keep things balanced (I imagine). The advertising on the Mickey Mouse magazines for kids told they were a piece of history: "Bring us to school, but don't conceal them under the desk" it said.

I found some moulds and the production of a few subject restarted by Nexus Editrice:
http://strategicsimulations.net/catalog/default.php?manufact...
But the only "Grande Rivoluzione" I found is the Russian one. That's the new box:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.