Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A large city square (tile) is large enough for a second wooden house or even a small half city square (tile) to sit atop the large tile. Am I right correct that space will never be used? This means a large square tile will always and only have one wooden house and nothing else on it at any point in the game.

There is an example of end game scoring with three ships. From that example is the following all true?
1. Only unbuilt blue and red ships are returned to the game box at the middle period.
2. This example confirms you can have more than one ship; it is not required to overwrite them. But can be overwritten if you wish for a discount on the second ship.
3. If a player has three ships it must be true the player has no nobles (political cards) in the player board.

When building a store and specifically the step when selecting a wooden house; is there a need to select a house from left to right? Or can I choose any group and the only criteria is that I select the bottom house in the group?

When paying reals for all the remaining rubble, does the rubble remains, it is not removed?

I think the rules suffice to answer all of these. But it's my intuition that leads to the inquiry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gipson
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how i understand them to work.

1) The house placement (along with the arrow indent on the square) are both just visual reminders of which street the house belongs too, as well as who it belongs to. So the other cites of the city square tile will not be used once it is place.

2) The number of cards you can have in your portfolio is determined by the amount of rubble cube sets you have collected. At the beginning of the game you can only have two cards (nobles on top, treasury cards on bottom, and/or ships on top). As you collect more sets of rubble the more cards you can place (and the more inventory you can hold)

3) When you build a store, you remove one piece of rubble. The price you pay for that building is equal to the amount of rubble left + the economy cost. Those rubble cubes you are paying for, do not get removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition and Máquina
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
A large city square (tile) is large enough for a second wooden house or even a small half city square (tile) to sit atop the large tile. Am I right correct that space will never be used? This means a large square tile will always and only have one wooden house and nothing else on it at any point in the game.

There is an example of end game scoring with three ships. From that example is the following all true?
1. Only unbuilt blue and red ships are returned to the game box at the middle period.
2. This example confirms you can have more than one ship; it is not required to overwrite them. But can be overwritten if you wish for a discount on the second ship.
3. If a player has three ships it must be true the player has no nobles (political cards) in the player board.

When building a store and specifically the step when selecting a wooden house; is there a need to select a house from left to right? Or can I choose any group and the only criteria is that I select the bottom house in the group?

When paying reals for all the remaining rubble, does the rubble remains, it is not removed?

I think the rules suffice to answer all of these. But it's my intuition that leads to the inquiry.

You have all the rules right.
The wooden houses can be taken from any group. You just need to take the bottom one.
All the rubble remains. You take one before you pay for the rest. Building in land with less rumble is cheaper.
Enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.