8 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Slot damage question, bomb movement question and other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and have read a bit around in here.
My question to you guys if I get two slot damage cards and they happen to be in the same slot what will happen then?

1. both damage cards are in effect until repaired one or two them?
2. Or is it only the top one in effect and when that one is repaired then next one will take effect?

And lastly is it it correct that you leave the programmable cards below the damage card(s) and they will not be active until you have repaired what is on top of the slot?

Still on mission 2...also got some tow questions.

I understand the ratio to move the bomb is 2 to 1 it means have at least a movement of 2 in a command line to move 1 space.
And also I can push or pull the bomb.
What if I am beside the bomb e.a. it is on left handside and I move 2 steps forward will it stay put and I will move two steps forward or will we both just move 1 and the bomb stay besides me?

Is there friendly fire e.a. fuel tank. If I release the fuel tank and a friendly Yordles is besides me, will it take damage? Also other area cards ot shooters cards is there friendly fire or only when/if it is stipulated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finestra wrote:
My question to you guys if I get two slot damage cards and they happen to be in the same slot what will happen then?

2. Or is it only the top one in effect and when that one is repaired then next one will take effect?

I'd go with 3) the previous damage card on that slot is discarded and replaced by the new damage card.

Finestra wrote:
And lastly is it it correct that you leave the programmable cards below the damage card(s) and they will not be active until you have repaired what is on top of the slot?

Yes.

Finestra wrote:

I understand the ratio to move the bomb is 2 to 1 it means have at least a movement of 2 in a command line to move 1 space.
What if I am beside the bomb e.a. it is on left handside and I move 2 steps forward will it stay put and I will move two steps forward or will we both just move 1 and the bomb stay besides me?

- if you move two step forward, the bomb stays.
- if you move one step forward using Speed 1/Skewer 2, the bomb moves and is behind you.

Finestra wrote:
Is there friendly fire e.a. fuel tank. If I release the fuel tank and a friendly Yordles is besides me, will it take damage? Also other area cards ot shooters cards is there friendly fire or only when/if it is stipulated?

No friendly fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
Finestra wrote:

I'd go with 3) the previous damage card on that slot is discarded and replaced by the new damage card.

Finestra wrote:

Yes.

Finestra wrote:

- if you move two step forward, the bomb stays.
- if you move one step forward using Speed 1/Skewer 2, the bomb moves and is behind you.

Finestra wrote:

No friendly fire.

To my first question regarding damage cards are both cards in effect when they are in the same slot?
Or is it only the top one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You received an answer to that already. You can't have two damage cards in a slot. If you have to add a damaage card to a slot that already has one, you discard the one that's there and add the new one to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikatoy wrote:
You received an answer to that already. You can't have two damage cards in a slot. If you have to add a damaage card to a slot that already has one, you discard the one that's there and add the new one to it.

Maybe I didn't ask the right question. I mean if in a phase I receive to slot damage cards and the both of them goes to the same slot what then?
Do both cards take effect or do I discard one of them ?
e.a I get two cards - first I do what the first card says then I discard it and take the second card and do what it says and put in top of my slot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finestra wrote:
Tikatoy wrote:

Maybe I didn't ask the right question. I mean if in a phase I receive to slot damage cards and the both of them goes to the same slot what then?
Do both cards take effect or do I discard one of them ?
e.a I get two cards - first I do what the first card says then I discard it and take the second card and do what it says and put in top of my slot?

Take your first damage and completely resolve it including slotting it BEFORE you do anything with the second card. Then resolve the second card completely. If the second one happens to end up alotted in the spot the first one got slotted then you'll discard the first one and replace it with the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a reference read pg 10 of the tutorial booklet under "Minions Attack" and also read "Damage" in the alphabetical rules reference guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
As a reference read pg 10 of the tutorial booklet under "Minions Attack" and also read "Damage" in the alphabetical rules reference guide.

Thank you for the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.