Rick Klaw
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com.com/Silent-Omerta-Inc-Baseball-Highli...

Baseball Highlights: 2045 Android app is usually $5.99!

UPDATE: Sadly, pirated version. Sometimes it is too good to true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Blizzard
United States
Philadelphia
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Amazon App Underground Android: Baseball Highlights 2045 for only $1.99
The catch with the Amazon version is you can't buy any expansions (at least at this time). Add-on's show up, but the button to purchase is grayed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Klaw
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Still a good deal especially if the add-ons show up sometime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wish this sale was on ios!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klutzrick wrote:

Thanks, $2 no brainer, been wanting to try this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Klaw
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually just loaded the game and add-ons are available. So this is a magnificent deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon wrote:
To use Amazon Underground apps and in-app items you are required to enable the "Collect App Usage Data" setting on your device. This allows you to download and use Amazon Underground apps, games, and in-app items for free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=...

Of course I don't seem to have any issues with letting Google track me ... but they do no harm, right? RIGHT?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it's grayed out because they're already included. At least for the apps I got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryo Akashi

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll ask if this is a pirated version. The developer info doesn't look right to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ryo_akashi wrote:
I'll ask if this is a pirated version. The developer info doesn't look right to me...

This is totally a pirated version. The Google Play store and iTunes versions are both published by Peter Kossits. The Amazon store version is published by Silent Omerta, Inc whose other games on Amazon are all published by random different developers on the Play store. They're clearly one of those "publishers" that just steal games from the Play store and republish them on Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
ryo_akashi wrote:

This is totally a pirated version. The Google Play store and iTunes versions are both published by Peter Kossits. The Amazon store version is published by Silent Omerta, Inc whose other games on Amazon are all published by random different developers on the Play store. They're clearly one of those "publishers" that just steal games from the Play store and republish them on Amazon.

Thank you for pointing out the publisher discrepancy. I purchased this last night, but they allowed me to return it (not typically their policy) because I had noted the pirated nature.

The person who helped me also said they would forward my concern to the appropriate parties, so hopefully this is taken care of correctly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an illegal version of the game.

If you absolutely must run this game on your Kindles right now or can't afford what I'm asking for it on other Android tablets, I am sure you can find other ways of doing it which are better than giving this guy some of your money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hecox
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Game Reviewer
badge
Help, I can't stop laughing.
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:

If you absolutely must run this game on your Kindles right now or can't afford what I'm asking for it on other Android tablets, I am sure you can find other ways of doing it which are better than giving this guy some of your money.

We should do our diligence and leave 1-star reviews, warning others not to give these scummy bros any money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:

The pirate doesn't seem to have an Amazon "store" so there's no obvious way I found to report him (I've done this before with scammers "selling" popular games for 10% their retail price).

Several of us have left negative reviews warning about the piracy. I'm concerned though, will those one star reviews affect your overall rating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. I expect that listing to be gone within 24 hours and hopefully the entire Silent Omerta store.

Just got a lawyer last year. Looking forward to using him.

Google and Apple both asked for my credentials before I could sell the game. Amazon didn't/doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap! I wish I had scrolled down this thread. I read the first post and instantly clicked Buy Now as I've been meaning to pick this game up... I don't want to give this chump any money. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you edit the original post so no one else falls for this scam?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Crap! I wish I had scrolled down this thread. I read the first post and instantly clicked Buy Now as I've been meaning to pick this game up... I don't want to give this chump any money. angry

I think if you contact Amazon they might give you a refund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

I think if you contact Amazon they might give you a refund.

They will. I've done this in the past with a game I later discovered was a pirated version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know this was even a thing. Someone can buy a game on the Play store and resell it on Amazon? That's crazy. Thanks for pointing this out and educating me. He's not getting my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email, they're going to refund me. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
I sent an email, they're going to refund me. thumbsup

I emailed them, and they said they would "investigate the situation", but said nothing about a refund in their reply. Kinda pissed about it.

I also busted their chops a bit in my initial email about their inability to screen for pirated developers. I know they are a big company and such, but it seems like this could be easily prevented. Now I'm going to have to screen all amazon apps for piracy myself. Or just stick to the google play store.

Side note - just wanted to mention how cool I think it is that the developers themselves patrol these threads and weigh in so often. Part of what I love about this community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:

Yes, there is not really much to installing Google Play Store on Kindles, don't need root - usually just enable third party (unknown) installs and put the appropriate four pieces (Framework, Acct Mgr, Store, and Services) on the tablet. xda-developers or any number of other sites have walk throughs (xda is usually my go to for everything android, and is a very trustworthy source of info).

Sorry your app is getting pirated in this really visible way Peter, it's a damned good game, and you deserve to be making that money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ir1337 wrote:
peterk1 wrote:

Yes, there is not really much to installing Google Play Store on Kindles, don't need root - usually just enable third party (unknown) installs and put the appropriate four pieces (Framework, Acct Mgr, Store, and Services) on the tablet. xda-developers or any number of other sites have walk throughs (xda is usually my go to for everything android, and is a very trustworthy source of info).

Sorry your app is getting pirated in this really visible way Peter, it's a damned good game, and you deserve to be making that money!

Not to mention the pirated app seems to require a lot of access to your device. Wouldn't be the first time malware was distributed this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Chavez
United States
Elysian Valley (Los Angeles)
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently reported Agricola All Creatures Big and Small, Le Havre Inland Port and Tsuro on Amazon as those were pirated versions. I contacted the original developers and let them know what was happening. I also asked if they will bring those games to Amazon since my Kindle doesn't support Google Play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.