Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to be generally accepted that Chapter 2 is broken, in that the campers want to prolong the life of the maniac to farm clue tokens. Surely a simple way to fix this is to forego the rule where the maniac places a clue token when he reveals his location, just for this chapter. Also it seems logical that placed lanterns would not function during this chapter as it is daytime. Which follows the maniac could easily remove them as he passes thru a spot with such a token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Chapter 2 is not broken, this chapter important because Campers must take the maniac at all costs. If you don't take the maniac, the maniac will equip the third chapter with "Invisible" token. This enhancement is very strong because it lets him don't show his position for six rounds...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the reason for tge chapter, but at the moment there is no reason for the campers to kill the maniac quickly. So long as they kill him before time runs out, they can avoid killing him to keep collecting clue tokens. Conversely, the maniac is supposed to hide but it seems better to try and commit suicide by running into the campers to stop them farming clues. After all, if the campers collect and place lots of traps in oreparation for chapter 3, the maniacs 'invisibility' reward doesn't seem worthwhile. If you remove the clue drop rule for this chapter then the campers can't just pre-long the chapter by ignoring the objective while they farm the clue tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Louallen Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this the chapter where if the maniac lasts the full 15 rounds without dying, the campers have to discard all clues?

So if they spend too much time clue farming and not getting the killer, they'll lose all those farmed clues.

I think this is right. I don't have the rules right in front of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.