Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love On The Underground (it's my new gaming obsession) so was wondering whether there would be much call for me putting together an unofficial Tokyo Underground variant? I've been to Tokyo and in many ways PREFER the Tokyo Underground for ease and price and feel that the difference in map layout would allow for slightly different tactics/choices and allow for a new challenge.

Would anyone be interested in building a line from Shinjuku to Ueno?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a great idea; it might be advisable to ask the designer and publisher what they think and get his consent before you throw something out to the rest of us, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's be great - I'd love to see it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke, I very much enjoy this game, too, and would welcome a new map for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea, I think this could be adapted to many different networks around the world. The problem for a mainly stay at home brit like me would be getting familiar with the map. I have a reasonable? idea where I am in London.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was riding the Barcelona underground two weeks ago and I was thinking that it could be adapted for On the Underground. Not sure I have it in me to make the attempt though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it'd be great to have a large variety of maps for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see it, but I'd suggest sending the designer a geekmail about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely a good idea. More maps would be wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that I decided to help out the effort and am nearly done my own version of the NYC subway system. Expect pics soon to an On The Underground forum near you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RecklessJester wrote:
I'd like to see it, but I'd suggest sending the designer a geekmail about it.

I'd send one to the publisher (I'm thinking JKLM here) too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
fellonmyhead wrote:
I think it's a great idea; it might be advisable to ask the designer and publisher what they think and get his consent before you throw something out to the rest of us, though.

Speaking as the designer, I think it's great that people are sufficiently enthused about the On The Underground that they want to make variant maps. I've therefore spoken to JKLM about the matter, and arranged matters so that if you email me / geekmail me / contact me some other way, you'll almost certainly get cheerful consent. (But you should still contact me to check.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...that's great news!
Any chance, if slaes go exceedingly well, some "officially produced" maps will be created?
In the vein of T2R or Power Grid?
Small expansions,etc...?
Here is to hoping; I plan on getting this game asap, due to rules reading and good reviews I have read so far!
J!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
Wow...that's great news!
Any chance, if slaes go exceedingly well, some "officially produced" maps will be created? In the vein of T2R or Power Grid? Small expansions,etc...?

I'd be lying if I said that the thought hadn't crossed my mind. Indeed, I'd be lying if tried to pretend that I didn't have some further maps in advanced stages of preparation. But, as they say, we will have to wait and see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian Bleasdale wrote:
Speaking as the designer, I think it's great that people are sufficiently enthused about the On The Underground that they want to make variant maps. I've therefore spoken to JKLM about the matter, and arranged matters so that if you email me / geekmail me / contact me some other way, you'll almost certainly get cheerful consent. (But you should still contact me to check.)

Speaking as someone who contacted Mr Bleasdale previously for my own custom map, I can attest to the extreme cheerfulness of all involved. What little restrictions JKLM did ask for were exactly what I had in mind anyway. They're all around fine folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hamilton
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!
badge
Ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I would love to see such an expansion.

(and that makes 2 things I look forward to from your fertile game developing mind...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
CUMMING
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone making any expansions:

Please consider making a map with less stations than the London map. This will allow the game to be easily played in under an hour. I love the game, but it lasts just a little too long to fit in a lunch hour (my primary venue for games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was exactly my thought when I was introduced to the game. I'm far more familiar with the Tokyo system than London.

Maru no uchi ka Hibiya sen dochira deshou ka?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.