Hide
8 Posts

World's Fair 1893» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Influential People cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly Lathrop
msg tools
If I've collected 2 influential people cards the previous turn, do I pick one to play or do I play both cards?

Thanks! We love the game!

Kelly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lowrey
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may play them both (or all, if there were three or four), in any order you choose. You could also discard one or more of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MLowrey wrote:
You may play them both (or all, if there were three or four), in any order you choose. You could also discard one or more of them.

Michael is correct. Enjoy your power-turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Lathrop
msg tools
Thank you so much!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must play them both, but you can play them in any order. The rules say:
Quote:
When you collect an influential figure card, you must play (or discard) it on your next turn; you cannot save it for later use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
tabicat wrote:
Quote:
When you collect an influential figure card, you must play (or discard) it on your next turn; you cannot save it for later use.

Per the rule you quoted, you are *not* required to play them both. However, any that you do not play you must discard. (It's rare, but there can be strategic merit to discarding an influential figure card instead of carrying out its action.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you for correcting me. I don't know why I didn't notice the "or discard".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tabicat wrote:
Quote:

I think the ambiguity comes from the term "it" which implies one. If it's one then not both or all. This however has now been clarified and you can indeed play all of them. I agree though that I would read this as one card only and discard the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.