Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Braun
Canada
Queen Charlotte
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dynamite Blast applies to my current location or a connected location. If the connected location is currently unrevealed, does it become revealed at that point? The Location Cards rule suggests that the only way to reveal a location is to move to it, and similarly if a monster moves to an unrevealed location it stays unrevealed, which suggests no revealing absent an investigator's presence.

So how is this handled, assuming there are no (known) enemies at the unrevealed location, but that an enemy would spawn there once the location is revealed? (I'm assuming that can occur -- this is my first game, so I was curious about the mechanics of using Dynamite as a location probe.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems you could use dynamite on an unrevealed location, but nothing would be damaged by the blast because there would be no enemies there when the blast occurred.

I haven't seen anything in the rules which would suggest that dynamite DOES reveal a location, but I've been wrong before. Which rule are you thinking of which might apply and cause the location to be revealed by dynamite ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dynamite does not Reveal a Location, and could only damage Enemies that are already attached to that Location. If an Enemy is later Spawned at that Location as a result of the Location being revealed, it doesn't matter - the idea that the Enemy was "waiting there" is pure theme, in terms of game mechanics it enters Play when it spawns, and its only past was the deck or pile it came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Braun
Canada
Queen Charlotte
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No rule that I've seen suggests a location would reveal (which is presumably the answer right there). It is just that logically one would suppose that if I revealed a location and it had an associated enemy, the enemy would be in some sort of damaged / softened state. But I suppose if the spawn occurs when you enter / reveal (rather than the enemy having been lurking there in wait) any damage would just have been to the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Braun
Canada
Queen Charlotte
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
Dynamite does not Reveal a Location, and could only damage Enemies that are already attached to that Location. If an Enemy is later Spawned at that Location as a result of the Location being revealed, it doesn't matter - the idea that the Enemy was "waiting there" is pure theme, in terms of game mechanics it enters Play when it spawns, and its only past was the deck or pile it came from.

That makes total sense as I reflect upon it (visual imagery aside). Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could have sworn in one of the scenarios there is a way for enemies to be spawned in "empty locations" but those locations, as far as I can tell, don't have to be revealed locations.

In this occasion, I believe dynamite could be used to kill them (or damage them). But maybe they're not allowed to spawn in unrevealed locations even if they are empty? I did not do a rule check at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
I could have sworn in one of the scenarios there is a way for enemies to be spawned in "empty locations" but those locations, as far as I can tell, don't have to be revealed locations.

In this occasion, I believe dynamite could be used to kill them (or damage them). But maybe they're not allowed to spawn in unrevealed locations even if they are empty? I did not do a rule check at the time.

Yes, a Cultist is often spawned in empty Locations, and it's fine for that to be unrevealed, and you can certainly damage those Enemies with Dynamite (through a revealed connection - an unrevealed connection cannot be used, even if some reason you already know it's there). The hypothetical here is an Agenda or Act Revealing a Location, and Spawning an Enemy there at the same time as if it had been lurking there all along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.