GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,302 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming Photography

Subject: Camera help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
I've spent about an hour trying to figure out the camera "feature" here on the geek. Can somebody tell me how I add this information to the pics I upload?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Broadway
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I wondered that briefly. Perhaps it just looks at the EXIF data in the JPG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glum wrote:
I wondered that briefly. Perhaps it just looks at the EXIF data in the JPG...

They do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
I don't *think* that's the case. I went to the cameras page, found "my" camera and looked at the images. The pics I uploaded (using that model) were not included...

I just posted them last night, so maybe that has something to do with it, but they are on the site.

Oops. I stand corrected. One of the (several) images has shown up. Perhaps the data was lost when cropping the other images with Infranview?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you view a picture you uploaded and click on the "More Info" link, you will see what BGG has gleaned from the pic's EXIF data.

For example, this page shows my camera model, focal length, flash status and other interesting info.

Some image editors will remove the EXIF data when it saves the modified file. I'd check to see if your image editor has an option to preserve this on saves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennard
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
captkayoss - I usually crop with IrfanView and the EXIF data is retained:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.