Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blougaville
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know a lot of people have been praying for expansions for Uwe's other games like Ora et Labora, Caverna, etc. (I guess Fields of Arle is actually getting one soon?). I've heard that Uwe has wanted to expand some of these but there hasn't been enough demand. I'm wondering if the Agricola style occupation decks of AFFO will make this game easier/cheaper to expand. I'm only now cracking open the C deck and plan to play a few games of C only before mixing them all together, but based on how much I've played this already, I'm looking forward to the possibility of adding other decks later.

Has anyone heard if there are plans for more occupation decks or have any speculation on what kind of sales the base game would have to make in order for expansion decks to be developed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Van Assen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Rather than expanding the game by other decks, I prefer expansions that
- includes other Islands (particularly for games with more players)
- include other houses (with different interior and bonuses)
- include other actions
- include options to make the animal actions more valuable/profitable (of course I can be mistaken [I played the game only 15-20 times with an average score of only about 110], but for me the animal actions work less well than the other actions)

But what a great game it already is! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gernot Köpke
Germany
Biebesheim am Rhein
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first expansion (-> Norway) will come in autum 2017 to the fairy in Essen (Germany). We are developping it with new pieces (grey-pieces, pigs, horses,...), new islands (and cities with harbours), new buildings and a renewed plan with a special backside-use for 1-3 players. There will come new action options (like butchering animals and a new column for the last action) and variants (like a faster version without card-effects and a competitive element). More details and informations will come later.
But there will be no new cards in the first expansion (200 cards in the basic game is vast enough for the moment). The ideas would be enough for also a second and third expansion (new homeplan, 5th player, pushstart with 5 rounds, swedish expansion to the east,...), but that depends on the number of interested fans and their wishes then too ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gernial wrote:
The first expansion (-> Norway) will come in autum 2017 to the fairy in Essen (Germany). We are developping it with new pieces (grey-pieces, pigs, horses,...), new islands (and cities with harbours), new buildings and a renewed plan with a special backside-use for 1-3 players. There will come new action options (like butchering animals and a new column for the last action) and variants (like a faster version without card-effects and a competitive element). More details and informations will come later.
But there will be no new cards in the first expansion (200 cards in the basic game is vast enough for the moment). The ideas would be enough for also a second and third expansion (new homeplan, 5th player, pushstart with 5 rounds, swedish expansion to the east,...), but that depends on the number of interested fans and their wishes then too ;-)

I love the variety and replayability the cards generate. So, I may not play the variant much, even though a faster game sounds nice.

Everything else sounds good though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gernial wrote:

?? Whoa. I haven't encompassing begun to scr as the the British deck just yet.. I need to get thus back on the table. Sentinels of the multiverse has taken over the tab km email of late. The there's Aeon's end and one deck dungeon I recently acquired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtTenor wrote:
?? Whoa. I haven't encompassing begun to scr as the the British deck just yet.. I need to get thus back on the table. Sentinels of the multiverse has taken over the tab km email of late. The there's Aeon's end and one deck dungeon I recently acquired.

What kind of seizure did your autocorrect just have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Gernial wrote:

I love the variety and replayability the cards generate. So, I may not play the variant much, even though a faster game sounds nice.

Everything else sounds good though!

Same here. Let there be expansions!
(for Arle and Odin, most of all - and as many as possible! OK, you may stop after the 8th or 10th expansion / game )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
SgtTenor wrote:

What kind of seizure did your autocorrect just have?

LOL I should actually re-read my posts. Trying to type fast on my tablet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gernial wrote:

New buildings would be excellent, also new actionssurprise. I only hope all of these new materials will come for all countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the great divide
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If there is going to be a new action board I hope some consideration is made to making it larger! The current spots are quite hard to see with more than 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new expansion(s) sound fantastic!

Definitely an autobuy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gannon Dubay
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I like big boxes and I can not lie.
badge
Rochester, NY - Willing to Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can visit foreign cities with certain types of boats and you could have access to different small action boards depending on where you are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Marchand
msg tools
Are there any news about the expansion ? AFFO is my favorite game and for me, the expansion is an autobuy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's slated for an autumn 2017 release I'm guessing we should start to hear a little bit more about it over the course of the summer.

Can't wait! Absolute autobuy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Billtacular wrote:
If it's slated for an autumn 2017 release I'm guessing we should start to hear a little bit more about it over the course of the summer.

There will be an expansion, but unfortunately we won't be able to get it out this year. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient.
But there might be an mini expansion in autumn to help you with that ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
Billtacular wrote:

There will be an expansion, but unfortunately we won't be able to get it out this year. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient.

Noooooooo!

(But ok, we'll live with it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:

I really hope the mini-expansion is available through the BGG store. Terra Mystica and Caverna mini-expansions haven't been the easiest to get a hold of if you weren't paying attention at the right moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Miranda
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
Billtacular wrote:

Where the miniexpansion will be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
nan3000 wrote:

I really hope the mini-expansion is available through the BGG store. Terra Mystica and Caverna mini-expansions haven't been the easiest to get a hold of if you weren't paying attention at the right moment.

We will make sure that it will be easily availabe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Rønn
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
Billtacular wrote:

Wohoo! A mini expansion is better than no expansion!
I guess you are busy enough with Gaia Project, 3 player expansion for FoA and Das Tiefe Land anyway.

Is it the promo island https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25292500#25292500 , which is now upgraded to a mini expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paris

Monforte de Lemos
LUGO
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Affenberg wrote:
Is it the promo island https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25292500#25292500 , which is now upgraded to a mini expansion?

The first rule of Fight Club is....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad tulip
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So did anything change/any news about expansions in 2017 or at essen ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikie vos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
will they have english versions at essen ?

i might be there but i am not sure i want a rulebook which i cannot tread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
madtulip wrote:

There will be a mini expansion featuring two new islands. No language skills needed to play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
madtulip wrote:

There will be a mini expansion featuring two new islands. No language skills needed to play them.

Do they replace an existing one or are they in addition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.