Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend had the worst day at work she's had in quite some time. So to cheer her up, I handed her the box of new games we just got in a trade. She thumbed through the boxes and came upon Gloom. She opened the box and said "Oooooh!". I could tell right away she was as impressed with the look of the cards as I was.

A short while later, we sat down to play. I explained the rules, and she took great delight in knowing that she could take her frustrations out on poor helpless mylar people.

The game moved along quickly. She grasped the strategy very quickly and made some great play to give positive points to my characters who were heavy in the negative. She made really good use of game text and slowed my card drawing quite a bit. One point she picked up much quicker than I expected was matching an icon to an Untimely Death card for extra points. I'm usually the one to catch little things like that, but she was really on the ball. The avalanche continued as she was able to kill all 5 of her family while I killed only 3 of mine. There was no maniacal laughter from her side of the table, but I did see an evil smirk on her lips several times.

This game was a lot of fun. It was quick and played very well. She has already requested to play this one again tonight. This however brings me to a disturbing question.....

Will her love of killing mylar family members stop there, or am I creating a serial killer? So long as we continue to game together, I don't really care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better that she take her frustration out on the Mylar family than you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.