Subject: Hideout Variant (Easier/funnier variant) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a few variants to help improve the usefullness of the hideout.

TOWN PORTAL:
E After a successfull mission, you can try to teleport to your hideout. Draw a response card. If it has an "eye", the Insectoïd God interfered: you can't shop, and one of your heroes gets one infested wound card (draw until you find one). If there is no eye, the number indicates the number of merchants. 0 or -1 means there is only 1 merchant present.

Like in many dungeon crawlers, you can teleport yourself to your hideout between two missions to rest a little and buy stuff. It does make the game easier, but hey... the game is punishing enough, isn't it? And if not, simply use one of the harder variants!
I find the shopping time to be really satisfying, so I really like this variant. Without it, you go to your hideout maximum 3 times during the whole game+2campaign addons, and that may be frustrating.

BETTER LOOTS AND BETTER VENDORS:
E Shuffle the hideout cards inside the loot deck. If the fact that the backs are not fully identical bothers you, simply draw from the bottom of the deck.
E When you draw one hideout item (you can recognize them by their back), consider them like little treasures (potionsor traps), and continue to draw if you dare.
E A lot of adventurers come to sell their stuff to the vendors. In consequence, the vendors of the hideout sometimes sell powerful items.
When you draw the armourer, the alchemist or the trinket seller, draw one response card to know how many items they sell. Then draw from the treasure deck until you find that number of appropriate treasures (for example, if I draw a 3 from the response deck, I draw from the treasure deck to find 3 potions). A 0 or -1 means the stock is empty this time. No luck!
E Remember all sellers sell the items for two times their value.

With this variant, there is a strong incentive to go pick the treasures inside the dungeon. You will probably see more of that cool stuff!
That adds more sense of progression and customization for your heroes, even if you will often have to sell your treasures to heal/resurrect your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.