Subject: Board game at work rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gouranton
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Hi guys !!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas eve ?

I'm setting up a board game lunch break at work next year, and my company will give me some money to purchase the games (2h hours break once every two weeks).

So I was wondering if you could help me with some game recommendations?

I'm looking for:
- 45 min top
- 5 to 10 players
- Easy rules
- Fun to play
- Ambiance kind alike

So far, I've got: Cards against humanity, Dixit, Codename, Cranium, Time's up, Resistance Avalon and Bang.

Cheers for your help !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew J. Wilson
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If the video doesn't work, use this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFNEdTBAp6c&index=15&list=PL...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoju22 wrote:

In a BGG youtube link, only put the video ID (HFNEdTBAp6c in this case), not the entire URL:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You did not mention if a French version is necessary but you can add these to your list: Spyfall, Shadow Hunters and Diamant (just rereleased by Iello)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our lunchtime games collection we have: King of Tokyo, 7 Wonders, 6 Nimmt, For Sale, Ca$h N Gun$ and Coup, all of which are at least 5 players and less than 45 mins.

Cheers,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
luciolles wrote:

So far, I've got: Cards against humanity, Dixit, Codename, Cranium, Time's up, Resistance Avalon and Bang.

If you like bluff/deduction games, you can add ONUW and Mafia de Cuba

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're playing Cards Against Humanity at work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gouranton
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Yes of course !! So much fun

Thank you all for your comments, I'll look through it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel H.
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I just bought a game about economics so that's my financial planning done.
mbmbmbmbmb
RenaissanceMom wrote:
You're playing Cards Against Humanity at work?

Right?!

CAH is one party game I would never play among co-workers (even ones I think I can pal around with), let alone inside a workplace. It's a box full of very justifiable HR complaints. That's the point of the game, to be ridiculously offensive about horrible things.

I won't even play it in a crowd lest someone overhear it and not understand the context or not share my sense of humour. I would definitely not play it in an environment in which a single card joke, played during a game in which the point is to be as horrible as possible, may result in any of my peers/bosses/employees developing an unfavourable opinion of me along with having future professional development ramifications, let alone having to find a new job.

I think it's fantastic that you've put in the time, OP, to develop a board game club at your workplace! But it's not just your professional future you might be impacting by including offensive party games, it's also the futures of your fellow co-workers. You may be able to moderate your own game play, but as the moderator of the club and your accountability for it to your company (especially since you would be using corporate funds to purchase the game), you would also be professionally responsible for any fall-out caused by any other participant. Unfortunately, as a game group based in the workplace and funded by company money, you have to assume the worst and plan accordingly. If the worst is someone being fired, and given the content of some of the cards and the no tolerance policies at many workplaces, that is a very big professional risk.

Sorry to be the buzzkill, but I'd highly recommend saving CAH for your close group of friends and family and find some more work-appropriate games. There are so very many of them to choose from!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gouranton
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Alright guys, here are few things I want to clarify.

We have a dedicated place to play around (private meeting room)
We are playing the french version (which is a lot less crude than the American version)
And it's a French environment. Don't get me wrong but it's a different mentality than north America. But again, the french version is not that hardcore.

Thanks for your warning though !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing :

Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
The Resistance: Avalon
Two Rooms and a Boom

as team building excercises at my work. All of them are recomended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nello Cozzolino
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Brascogames London U.K. www.brascogames.webs.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Khanhoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bober Fett
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This thread isn't too old, hopefully it's OK to revive it.

I'm looking for work friendly games to use as team building exercises for my employees. Hanabi is the only one I can come up with that s co-op, easy to learn, and doesn't involve killing or any other potentially taboo topics for the workplace.

If anybody has any other suggestions other than what has already been listed, I'm all ears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.