Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave L.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Having only read the rules and laid out the board, I'm liking this a lot. I do want to make sure that I have a couple of rules right, before I play with other people.

1 - Once a battle is initiated, can players only commit warriors at that time? Or can they add more warriors later in the round. For example, the first player in the round, the yellow clan, initiates a battle and the blue clan adds four warriors. Later, the blue clan rolls and acquires three more warriors - can they be added to the same attack or must they be held out seperately or used in another attack? The rules seem to say that commitments can only be made at the time of initiation.

2 - Can someone initiate two battles in their turn? I couldn't find anything that clearly says no, and given the benefits of initiating battles, I could see someone with a lot of warriors splitting their force and trying to topple two enemy tribes. I assume that each clan can pick and choose how many and which color warriors they want to commit to any battle, rather than having to throw them all into one battle.

Also, when the ninth enemy tribe is dispersed does the game end immediately, or is there a final tribal council? I thought of this this morning and don't have the rules in front of me. I'd expect that you end the game immediately, to throw another tactical nuance in about when to go after the ninth tribe.

Any guidance on clans and colors? I'm leaning towards Red-Deer, White-Eagle, Green-Turtle, Yellow-Wolf, Blue-Bear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave L.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I've worked few some of this I think.

The last question just required me getting home and looking at the rules - the game ends at the end of the turn when one of the victory conditions is met.

I thought for a moment I had answered the question about being able to do two attacks in one turn - when it said that you could take any combination of two of the three actions. I initially read that to mean you had to do two different actions, but then I re-read the example and it says you could do two recruitments or two influence placing, and there is nothing that says that doesn't apply to attacks, so, for now, I'm saying you can do two attacks.

Clearly, you do not have to commit all of your warriors when you initiate or join an attack. I'm still not sure if you can add warriors to an already initiated attack later in the turn - going strictly by the wording in the rules, I would say that you cannot add warriors after the initial attack and initial alliance has been completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.