Pierre Pinguet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New blog entry on DoW website...
blog.battlelore.com

Seems the little buggers play fast, loud and false.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Rogers
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Set the pipers loose on the goblins and watch the little suckers run!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the way BattleLore integrates theme and mechanic so well with the morale concept in the game. Flags, and boldness are an integral part of BattleLore. This is being fleshed out real nicely with the Goblin Band and the Dwarven Bagpipers, two unit types who have no direct attack capability whatsoever! They will however be used in their indirect approach to devious effect. I'm excited to give them a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Pinguet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They look ideal to wreak havoc on formations just before the main attack (50% chance of a flag for each dice rolled).
At least they're don't have an area of effect...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pippin123 wrote:
At least they're don't have an area of effect...

Agreed. From a "realistic" standpoint, it's a little strange that the sound is "directed" towards a single unit or that the red bagpipers are "louder" and slower than their green counterparts (I guess their bagpipes are bigger), but the consistency makes the rules simpler than trying something else.

Since this is a ranged attack, Darken the Skies with these guys (especially the red version) and you have some massive retreating going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Pinguet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Darken the Skies" with bagpipes seem strange, now that you mention it.

Anyway, I like how the new units are made specific by only "minor" changes to the rules.

Along the same lines, we could have magical weapons that get Lore on Bonus strikes instead of a hit, etc... But I'm getting off topic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the way that these new musicians seem that they will change battles. The ability to disrupt support formations before charging in will change the way an entire battle can play out. I can't wait to see it in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.