Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
After I proposed an idea for a custom character sleeve here: What a great gem this game is!, Jack (Dino5) suggested using a 9 card sheet holder. Running with that I mocked up the following. A bit like the picture holders in your wallet, just offset a bit more. Mostly I don't like how the cards slip around under the character sheet and this mitigates that quite a bit.

The fronts.

Backsides of the items and skills. These are just the individual pockets of a 9-sheet card holder tapped together.

In use.

I'm going to make another set and make the "sleeves" shorter so the item and skill cards don't insert all the way. This should make them easier to remove and make the items less cloudy due to two layers of plastic. I'd have to make the insert the bottom of the skill card sleeves in order to accomplish that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! I am going to do this sometime today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Oh nice! I'm glad this is working out. This may be something you could sell in sets of five to those of us less crafty folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did this but used penny card sleeves because they are generally larger and that makes it easier to put in the cards. Right now I only have the skills side done. I actually shortened the skills side so that just the card is shown, not the sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
I just did this but used penny card sleeves because they are generally larger and that makes it easier to put in the cards. Right now I only have the skills side done. I actually shortened the skills side so that just the card is shown, not the sleeve.

That's what I plan to do with my second set I make. I also contemplated getting a sleeve for the characters card and affixing these to the back, but now I think it would just be too unwieldy and this will be good enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started this project twice already. Glad to see someone succeeded. It's definitely a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just made 2 of these. Great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.