Hide
4 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Which variants are considered standard? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Smith
msg tools
When looking up information on this game, I was under the impression that finishers were just a normal part of the game. I was surprised when I saw they were listed as being a variant, but it gave off the impression that that's only for the sake of not making the game too complex in the beginning. Once we reach a point where everyone in my group is familiar with the game, are there certain variants that we should just always be using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyraj wrote:
When looking up information on this game, I was under the impression that finishers were just a normal part of the game. I was surprised when I saw they were listed as being a variant, but it gave off the impression that that's only for the sake of not making the game too complex in the beginning. Once we reach a point where everyone in my group is familiar with the game, are there certain variants that we should just always be using?

I guess as long as you stay in the group, play any and all variants that you like. I know quite a few people like Ante Finishers rather than Special Action cards. Some like the Force Gauge system introduced in Fate of Indines. Or the changed variant Force Gauge that'll be introduced in Trials of Indines. Personally, I think Finishers are the only thing I wouldn't leave out completely, as they give the game a mild catch-up mechanic. But the base game's elegance is in its simplicity for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK, the current 'Tournament Standard' includes the following:

Dash,
Force special action card,
Finishers,
3/5 starting spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to have an official rulebook or some kind of file on BGG that contains the most updated tournament rules and changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.